Recent Gaming Purchases

Raithos

Banned
Post your recent gaming pick ups. A wise Yama once said "Pics or it didn't happen."

Got my new Finalmouse Ultralight Phantom in and picked up Sonic Mania Plus for Switch.

mqqVciD.jpg

I just bought the $5 DLC for Sonic Mania as well on Switch. Glad it adds up to 4 player support so my kids can all play with me.

Got Sonic mania and octopath traveler for switch.
Mania really puts you right back in time and octopath after about 10 hours of play sucked me in.
Should keep me busy until the Shenmue re-release. ?

I finally caved in and got myself a Nintendo Switch. I've played BotW a bit before but really now I will get to see what all the fuzz about this game is about.

IMG_20180728_134213.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up the physical copy of sonic mania. Loved the art book that came with it

Saw these in CEX today and despite no longer having a optical drive, I had to pick them up for that price. I loved the original Sims and played it so much back when it was new. They had my two favourite expansion packs (Holiday and Superstar) in too, so I'm stoked. May have to see about hooking up a rudimentary drive to my PC to install them. I really wish EA would release a digital bundle of the collection on Origin.

68b81299c9.jpg

Wow that's a bargain.

I think I have my copy of the Sims still

Last thing I bought, or rather got delivered from preordering, was Sonic Mania Plus. I still haven't unpacked it after a couple of days.
It's kinda silly as I don't necessarily want to keep it new and I want to play it, but I think I'll go for an upgrade option somehow, sometime...

NDyEqyz.jpg

Didn't actually buy either but I'm glad to see them available for a normal price, I understand there was a lot of scalping going on with the NES one back when it first came out.

Saw these in CEX today and despite no longer having a optical drive, I had to pick them up for that price. I loved the original Sims and played it so much back when it was new. They had my two favourite expansion packs (Holiday and Superstar) in too, so I'm stoked. May have to see about hooking up a rudimentary drive to my PC to install them. I really wish EA would release a digital bundle of the collection on Origin.

68b81299c9.jpg
Loved the original Sims! Still played until recently, when I started having troubles running them. Also wish EA/Maxis would rerelease them. Or I could look into getting some older hardware or whatever I need to run them on my laptop.

Also, I just purchased both Sonic Mania Plus for the PS4 (LOVE this game), and Shining Resonance Refrain: Draconic Launch Edition for the PS4. Still not so sure about this one, but I figured if I hate it I can always sell/return it, and if I enjoy it, SEGA will hopefully see the love for more Japan developed games.

Last edited:
I recently snagged an Xbox 360 Slim bundle off Gumtree - I've wanted one for various reasons, exlcusives, Original Xbox backwards compatible titles, better versions of PS2 titles etc. Since I have got about 30+ games :) Here are some I got this week:
julgameslast.jpg
Bully, Gun & Burnout Revenge were titles I had on PS2 & consider this a better version for each title. After beating Sonic Mania I decided to gather some of the other titles I've not had before.

Have fun with Shadow...I hear it's a gem. :p
I've heard bad things but I must admit the feature that does interest me is how the games level order can change due to decisions you make - Deciding to fo the Bad/Good route will change the direction of the next level.

I bought the whole Mafia series for PC on Steam and Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast

I've heard bad things but I must admit the feature that does interest me is how the games level order can change due to decisions you make - Deciding to fo the Bad/Good route will change the direction of the next level.
Let us know how it goes. I was actually going to pick it up when it was new, but after it got torn apart by pretty much everyone, I decided against it.

Sonic Mania Plus and Shovel Knight for the Switch

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (Asian/English version)

Just felt like playing an SRPG, didn't even know the SD Gundam games had been released into English by Namco. Always was a Gundam fan back in the day and this is supposed to be a good game, so why not.

SD-Gundam-G-Generation-More-Battle.jpg

Very tempted to get the Mega Man X Collection, since I've actually never even played any of them and always hear how great they are and since I love Classic Capcom and the old Mega Man games that I have played (love Legends, enjoyed the PS2 RPG, enjoyed the Game Boy Mega Man games back in the past as well), definitely will be worth it for me. 15 quid is a pretty damn good price point for so many games. Really been pleased with Capcom's output recently, hope they keep it up.

Just picked up Phantasy Star Online ver. 2 and Toy Commander for Dreamcast, and OutRun 2, ToeJam & Earl III for Xbox.

Back