Recent Gaming Purchases

These games were a surprise purchase I visited my retro game store yesterday and found these bond games very cheap. I had no high expectations but all of them are the decent shooter. Even the golden remake. It is no match for the original game from Rare of course but it is decent.

I also have ordered a Japanese ps2 copy of Auto Modellista.

That's true. The unique cell shading graphics were the main reason why I got interested in the game in the first place. It really looks nice even today. I cannot wait until I can play it for myself.

I ordered a copy of The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for the ps3 and some other copies of of the original Re 2, Re3 und RE Code Veronica X. This time for the gamecube.

I have finished Re Code Veronica for the DC many times but I have never finished Code Veronica X I have to admit. I want to change that. This time on the Gamecube.

The other RE Games I got more for collecting purposes only to complete my Re Collection on the Cube.

I ordered a copy of The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for the ps3 and some other copies of of the original Re 2, Re3 und RE Code Veronica X. This time for the gamecube.

I have finished Re Code Veronica for the DC many times but I have never finished Code Veronica X I have to admit. I want to change that. This time on the Gamecube.

The other RE Games I got more for collecting purposes only to complete my Re Collection on the Cube.

a few months back i replayed Code Veronica for the first time in 20+ years on the ps5 via ps plus premium (streaming gameplay).

i love the classic resident evil 2 and 3 and often replay them on my ps3 so i was looking forward to playing code veronica but the difficulty was all over the place and boss fights seemed really badly designed.

even with advice on youtube i couldn't beat the last boss.. i would keep running out of ammo.. which sucked.

Yes, saving ammo is very important in RE CV. It is also the most difficult classic Re game in my humble opinion. It is still my favorite classic Re game next to the original RE 2.

I never liked the RE CV version available on Playstation here in Europe. It is just the 50 Hz version and not the 60 Hz version. I cannot go back to 50hz after replacing all my retro pal consoles with NTSC consoles.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed playing Escape from Butcher Bay back then on my original Xbox. It would be really cool if that game would get a modern port.

Did not know that for many years that there is another Riddick Game. I just learned about Assault on Dark on Athena yesterday. And as soon as I learned about it the game I ordered it asap. Luckily I could find a cheap PS3 copy of the game.

Last edited:
a few months back i replayed Code Veronica for the first time in 20+ years on the ps5 via ps plus premium (streaming gameplay).

i love the classic resident evil 2 and 3 and often replay them on my ps3 so i was looking forward to playing code veronica but the difficulty was all over the place and boss fights seemed really badly designed.

even with advice on youtube i couldn't beat the last boss.. i would keep running out of ammo.. which sucked.

Ha! You wimp! ;)

The penultimate area on the Island, where you need to take an elevator up to the surface, cross an open courtyard with twiopoison hunters and go from a warehouse to the final room (before going to Antarctica with Chris), I hit it with red health and not a ton of ammunition. Luckily, there was a save point right before, so I could just reload...

... well I reloaded alright: *67* times. On the 68th try, I FINALLY got through the courtyard and into the safe room. It took me almost 3 hours.

That, like the final boss battle, has nothing to do with game design: it has everything to do with you and I playing like morons and putting ourselves in that stuation.

You can do some pretty crazy damage by aiming the knife at a certain angle. At least that's how I beat the final boss after I stupidly gave Claire nearly all my good weapons before the fight. :eek:

I agree with 9dragon (and possibly Truck?) in that CV is my favorite RE. It's got a real unique vibe to it, taking the classic gameplay (to its most extreme and in-depth) + the batshit insane story telling of the post-3 games. It's definitely tougher than the others aside from maybe RE1, which is probably my second favorite RE.

It's my favourite beyond the shadow of a doubt. Claire is my favourite character from the series, the setting was awesome and the Ashford family stuff was great.

I also feel it is the best of the pre-4 titles (and possibly even the best outright, but I am not a veteran of the series like hundreds of thousands are) as the focus is not just on survival, but also bringing people to justice... somewhat lol.

It's my favourite beyond the shadow of a doubt. Claire is my favourite character from the series, the setting was awesome and the Ashford family stuff was great.

I also feel it is the best of the pre-4 titles (and possibly even the best outright, but I am not a veteran of the series like hundreds of thousands are) as the focus is not just on survival, but also bringing people to justice... somewhat lol.
No. You're right. I was a fan of the series from when the first launched in 1996 through RE5. It was when RE6 released that the series went downhill for me. Code Veronica was an incredible game and deserves the remake treatment far more than RE4 ever did. Needs it more too. Sadly, it was passed on by Capcom for whatever reason. Personally, I believe it was passed on because of Alfred's... shall we say... confusion... not meshing well in the political climate and Capcom not wanting a Hogwarts Legacy type boycott attempt against them.

as they were on sale, i bought resident evil 1 remake and resident evil zero on the ps store.

played the originals on the gamecube and last played the origins collection many years ago, so i dont remember the details of the games, which is perfect.

I purchased a used copy of Killzone 2 and 3 for the PS3. I missed these games back them for some reason I cannot remember. I want to play these 2 games now for the first time.

I also get a repro copy of Virtua Racing.

Reactions: red
Very nice! I was just thinking about playing that yesterday. A digital copy, that is. 😢

Yeah, I have wanted it for a couple years now. Long story short, I got a very good deal on it and quite a bit below market value. It's complete (even got the registration card) and practically mint. Very chuffed with it :)

I had the money to hand pretty much, as I had imported Pulseman and Musha Aleste a number of months ago and they ended up going missing so had refunds on those. Then I sold a few items I wanted rid of anyways for some quick cash, so it wouldn't hit me too badly.

It's such an amazing game. Definitely worth playing anyway you can. I have been playing it via emulation the last few years. Same as Pulseman and Musha, which I unfortunately probably won't ever get now.

My collecting days are more or less coming to an end now, so it felt nice to get one last "big hitter".

Yeah, I have wanted it for a couple years now. Long story short, I got a very good deal on it and quite a bit below market value. It's complete (even got the registration card) and practically mint. Very chuffed with it :)

I had the money to hand pretty much, as I had imported Pulseman and Musha Aleste a number of months ago and they ended up going missing so had refunds on those. Then I sold a few items I wanted rid of anyways for some quick cash, so it wouldn't hit me too badly.

It's such an amazing game. Definitely worth playing anyway you can. I have been playing it via emulation the last few years. Same as Pulseman and Musha, which I unfortunately probably won't ever get now.

My collecting days are more or less coming to an end now, so it felt nice to get one last "big hitter".
I'm glad you managed to get a good deal. I bought it just before Japanese Mega Drive prices went completely insane. It's good, but it's not £1000+ good! :ROFLMAO:

Back