Recent Gaming Purchases

I'm gonna sound dumb as hell (so like normal I guess), but I actually don't know. Previously I had a Samsung Express something-or-another, and I was trying to send pics of some documents and my driver's license to a Honda service center so that they could supply me a loaner car while they worked on repairing the car I purchased from them. The employee looking at the pictures I sent basically said "nah your cam is too shit m8", so I just walked into an AT&T store and told one of the sales reps to give me something cheap with a decent camera.
Yeah I thought it was another handheld device

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet double pack came in the mail about 2 and a half hours ago. The previous week I or week The Pokémon Scarlet and Violet OLED switch came by delivery.

2E71B8E1-1D17-476F-ABFB-EFAC81178026.jpegF17181F6-16DC-4FAC-A00D-D1BEB3DE32CA.jpeg1E8DA134-9F3F-48B3-A102-62CF89A1C071.jpeg

Reactions: red
Thanks. I am really looking forward playing it already. I have never played that game so far. I have just seen footage about Dreamcast version and it looked really good.
Its a superior port compared with the PC one which had sound issues (afaik unfixed) and its on par with the PS2 port. I think that the rare prerendered backgrounds with shadow casting stills delivers today, same for the interaction with light and some of the creatures.

Its a superior port compared with the PC one which had sound issues (afaik unfixed) and its on par with the PS2 port. I think that the rare prerendered backgrounds with shadow casting stills delivers today, same for the interaction with light and some of the creatures.
I saw some footage of it for the first time a few weeks ago, and honestly it kinda blew my mind.

last of us 2 (disc) was on sale, so i bought it today. £8.99

i played it when it first came out, i thought it was ok. the stealth and combat are the best i've played in a game. 2 years is around the mark when i forget the fine details of a game, so thats when it a perfect time for me to replay something.

apparently ps5 update is free, so that's good. won't be playing it for a while though, i've still got forbidden west and ghosts of tsushima to complete.

On second note if you guys are have problems posting pictures might want to talk to the admins/mods or resize a picture on you pc and phone to 600X800 or 800X500 etc (what I did on my phone with “cropsize” which is an app) I did so on my IPhone.

Last edited:
pre ordered a boxed copy of Like a Dragon Isshin for the ps5.

2 more retro purchases for the japanese saturn

Real Bout Fatal Fury

Samurai Showdown 3

I was bitten the 2d fighting game again after playing a few hours Street Fighter on my Saturn.

I am really curious to try out the SNK games. Because I am not familiar with them at all.

NOVBFBUNDLEPS5.JPG
The Damage from Black Friday :p A lot of horror titles for me. They seem to offer a small/medium sized campaign which is what I'm really into at the moment. Really pleased to get A Plagues Tale: Innocence on PS5, seems to be getting hard to find on phyiscal and currently loving the 2nd gmaeon Game Pass.

Also quite surprised by the Klonoa release, who would expect an obscure PS1/PS2 Platformer to get a Remake/Remaster treatment - All for it! Especially considering how expensive the 1stgame isn on PS1.

pre ordered a boxed copy of Like a Dragon Isshin for the ps5.

2 more retro purchases for the japanese saturn

Real Bout Fatal Fury

Samurai Showdown 3

I was bitten the 2d fighting game again after playing a few hours Street Fighter on my Saturn.

I am really curious to try out the SNK games. Because I am not familiar with them at all.
I recently started binging SNK fighters too, essentially only really played a bit of KoF, MotW, and SvC in the past. I think I prefer them to Capcom fighters now, and for whatever reason I also feel like they're better suited for single player too.

I was a little sour on SS3 when I first started playing it hot off the heels of 2, but it's grown on me quite a bit. The little umbrella guy that got added in the game is really cool, I like how he plays in 3 way more than in 4.

The Damage from Black Friday :p A lot of horror titles for me. They seem to offer a small/medium sized campaign which is what I'm really into at the moment. Really pleased to get A Plagues Tale: Innocence on PS5, seems to be getting hard to find on phyiscal and currently loving the 2nd gmaeon Game Pass.
I was considering buying A Plague Tale again on PS5 but couldn't bring myself to do it as I've had the PS4 version since 2019. I absolutely loved both games though, having just completed the sequel last week. Enjoy it.

Holy crap! Just checked around and you weren't kidding. The PS5 version is nearly impossible to find for a decent price and sold out nearly everywhere. I think I'll get myself a copy to store away on my next payday.

Last edited:
i don't really have a long list of games i'm desperate to play on the ps5 but returnal was on my list. i bought it but i don't like it.

i played a little bit of returnal on ps+ premium, and it seemed ok, i knew it was a bit wacky.. but when i started dedicating some time into try and play it properly, i started to see some things i didn't like about the game and to me, it's not fun.

my main problem with the game is that they give you very limited health. so boss fights are terrible. if you die going up against a boss, you have to restart the whole level again from the start and there is no guarantee your get the best weapon or stock up on health on your next attempt, as the whole game map keeps changing every time you die/restart. sucks because it seems like a good game but it's clearly aimed at gamers who like darks souls (hard games).

I was considering buying A Plague Tale again on PS5 but couldn't bring myself to do it as I've had the PS4 version since 2019. I absolutely loved both games though, having just completed the sequel last week. Enjoy it.

Holy crap! Just checked around and you weren't kidding. The PS5 version is nearly impossible to find for a decent price and sold out nearly everywhere. I think I'll get myself a copy to store away on my next payday.
I just beat Reqiuem, just Wow! Delivered through and through! Me and my firend have been playing it on a weekly basis and it's been a thrill from start to finish! The jump in quality is very clear to see in just some of the scale of the set pieces. The biggest improvement was the voice acting, I wasn't sure on Amicia during many moments of the 1st game but the delivery of every line within this game as so ON point! Emotionally drained after experiencing it but it has easily been on of the definitive experiences for the generation for me!

221211 ps5 games.JPG
Got a couple of games for my Birthday! I really want to dive into Star Ocean but know Crisis Core will be mine late this week! & following that I want to replay the original FFVII & Dirge of Cerberus! So if may be some time before I dive into this one - I just hope it's good!

The Beyond A Steel Sky is an interesting sequel to an old 90's Point N' Click Adventure game - I've yet to play the original but it is Free on GOG. So I will see to that before playing this one - Sort of hoping for a State of Mind experience with this one, we shall see. I'll leave the GOG page link incase anyone is interested:

Back