Recent Gaming Purchases

I also picked up a Steam Deck recently. Thing is absolutely amazing! Especially once you start delving into emulation too.

By the way, you can fix the button prompt issues in Shenmue I & II by going into the Steam controller settings for the game and forcing the control scheme to 'Gamepad with Joystick Trackpad'

Finally got my Good Life Kickstarter stuff. Late but kind of understandable why and overall happy with how everything turned out.

05A6DDB1-DE8A-4C90-BAC8-BFB2BCDD0C0B.jpeg
A39D38A7-9D7C-4D08-9FF7-F8A09C5C2FB2.jpeg
DD94F076-2D05-4118-842C-E00C05684587.jpeg
CA6D2668-0975-47A8-82BE-84852B68968A.jpeg

To be fair I still haven’t finished it…got stuck on some drinking mini game, decided I’d come back to it and never did. Still gotta finish Automata on the Switch, Dusk Diver 2, then Bayonetta 3 but after that there’s really nothing I’m looking forward to til next year tbh. So perhaps the later half of November can be dedicated to it.

My most recent purchase is A Plague Tale: Requiem on PS5. I haven't had much time to play it; still being on maybe chapter 2 (not far beyond the image below). It's good so far though and I really enjoyed the first.

297138c80ccbd1c2584f806e8022eb0219093a9f.jpg

@Jibby

Hey, is there somewhere on the forum I can post Shenmue items or other video game items that I want to sell? Thanks!
Buying and selling directly on the Dojo isn't something we typically allow.Though if you list anything on eBay or whatever, you're welcome to post a link in one of the Random Thoughts threads.

Buying and selling directly on the Dojo isn't something we typically allow.Though if you list anything on eBay or whatever, you're welcome to post a link in one of the Random Thoughts threads.
Thanks!!

I wasted $8 for Fighting EX Layer on PS5. It's not as bad as Street Fighter 4 or 5 but it's not too far off. It gets boring in about 30 minutes. The PS5 controller is insufferable for fighting games too.

If you really love Street Fighter games, this one may be worth the sale price.

I just ordered one of the Genesis Mini controllers for use on my PC. God I love those big fat chunky buttons. Also I had to laugh at this:

1667154176128.png

In typical Nintendo fashion (this is only sold on Nintendo's website as far as I can tell), they're selling a wireless version of the exact same thing, but for $50 + mandatory service subscription. Keep in mind the original Genesis Mini sold for $100 with two wired controllers and the miniconsole itself that had actual software labor behind it, no subscription required! :sneaky:

My Megadrive controller was marked as being delivered to a parcel locker, but there was no parcel locker key in my mailbox... I was really looking forward to playing some Valis and Rocket Knight Adventures today with those big chunky buttons.🥲

download (1).jpg

Finally got my used Mini controller and MAAAN this is sweet. :cool: I put it next to a handheld I've been doing most of my game playing on lately, and the difference in button size is comical. Please ignore my simultaneously boney yet sausage-y fingers in the reflection.
button.png

I have a ~30 year old Megadrive controller, but the buttons are pretty dang shot in comparison as you'd probably expect. I also couldn't plug it into my PC without a USB converter that introduces a bunch of input lag. Funnily enough though, the d-pad on the thing is still as sharp and firm as ever. In fact, it's quite a bit firmer than the one here on the Mini controller. That's some quality engineering if you ask me!

Finally got my used Mini controller and MAAAN this is sweet. :cool: I put it next to a handheld I've been doing most of my game playing on lately, and the difference in button size is comical. Please ignore my simultaneously boney yet sausage-y fingers in the reflection.
View attachment 17186

I have a ~30 year old Megadrive controller, but the buttons are pretty dang shot in comparison as you'd probably expect. I also couldn't plug it into my PC without a USB converter that introduces a bunch of input lag. Funnily enough though, the d-pad on the thing is still as sharp and firm as ever. In fact, it's quite a bit firmer than the one here on the Mini controller. That's some quality engineering if you ask me!
What are you using in the reflection?

Last edited:
What are you using in the reflection?
I'm gonna sound dumb as hell (so like normal I guess), but I actually don't know. Previously I had a Samsung Express something-or-another, and I was trying to send pics of some documents and my driver's license to a Honda service center so that they could supply me a loaner car while they worked on repairing the car I purchased from them. The employee looking at the pictures I sent basically said "nah your cam is too shit m8", so I just walked into an AT&T store and told one of the sales reps to give me something cheap with a decent camera.

I got some PS1 classics in the psn store for the ps3 recently.

Fighting Force
Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2.

I also got another Dreamcast Game

Alone in the Dark The New Nightmare.

Back