Recent Action Figures, Statues & Busts

I bought and imported this vintage japanese 1960-1990, 60 cm geisha doll / statue.
I could make something up how i bought it for a friend who studies japanese history and culture
and he needs it for a presentation in his class
but who am i kidding,
i'm just a nerd and i thought and still think that it looks awesome. It looks so good in person.
The outfit looks like the real thing, just in a miniature version.
It was actually pretty cheap for a 60 cm statue made of porcelain and cloth.
I paid way more money for some licensed 1/6 figures.
Even german customs didnt care about it, i had to pay zero customs fees.

gei 4.png
gei 1.png
gei 2.png
gei 3.png

Bought this

sapps1.png
sapps2.png

Hot Toys 1/6 Batman v Superman Henry Cavill Superman

Too be honest, i'm not a big Superman fan at all.
You know, this typical Superman image, the guy who saves everyone, always smiling, no problems,
thats not my thing.
I actually like the depressed insecure Superman in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman more.
Its just more interesting to see that even someone this strong can still have normal human problems
and that even he doesnt always know what is 100% right or wrong.
And now with probably the end of Zack Snyders DC movie universe
and the latest rumours about Cavill and news about the Superman reboot,
i thought that maybe this is going to be the last Henry Cavill Superman figure ever.
So i simply bought it as a nice piece of memory i guess.

Too be honest, i'm not a big Superman fan at all.
You know, this typical Superman image, the guy who saves everyone, always smiling, no problems,
thats not my thing.
I actually like the depressed insecure Superman in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman more.
Its just more interesting to see that even someone this strong can still have normal human problems
and that even he doesnt always know what is 100% right or wrong.
And now with probably the end of Zack Snyders DC movie universe
and the latest rumours about Cavill and news about the Superman reboot,
i thought that maybe this is going to be the last Henry Cavill Superman figure ever.
So i simply bought it as a nice piece of memory i guess.

Agreed; I appreciate the Snyder Superman for those same reasons.
I enjoyed Man of Steel, as well as the Director's cut of BVS. I thought Justice League was seriouly...lousy....so I'm curious to see how the "Snyder Cut" improves things (I doubt it could be worse than the theatrical version)

catwoman_dc-comics_gallery_5fac677382650.jpg

So I got a pretty nice hefty tax return this year. Close to $9,000 to be exact. I have ALWAYS wanted a good Catwoman from Batman Returns statuette. I think Catwoman from Batman Returns was probably the first time I noticed the other sex as a young lad. And was probably the movie that made me a fan of Catwoman in general. So...this is coming out at the end of the year and I decided its time to snap up a really good Catwoman Batman Returns Statuette. Thanks tax cheque for allowing me to order this pricey but awesome looking statuette!

I'm also thinking about doing the Shenmue music box on the side...if its still available.

That is... a wonderful tax return lol.

The most I've gotten was $6,700.00 (this year) and it was super-useful.

But 9? Wow!

Everyone is always flabbergasted that I get so much back, but you have soundly-trounced me lol

The detail on that statue is phenomenal; love the Felix (or whatever cartoon cat) under her arm.

That is... a wonderful tax return lol.

The most I've gotten was $6,700.00 (this year) and it was super-useful.

But 9? Wow!

Everyone is always flabbergasted that I get so much back, but you have soundly-trounced me lol

The detail on that statue is phenomenal; love the Felix (or whatever cartoon cat) under her arm.
It's my first and only time getting that much, believe me. I'm usually around the 1 to 1.5k mark. But this was due to some overdue backpay that I got last year as to why it was 9k this year. Surprised the hell out of me to when I got it done.

Last edited:
Been a while since I’ve been in here. I don’t think I’ve even got everything between my last post and now documented but here are my most recent amiibo purchases:

4FF82EEB-CEAD-4118-8E6A-6BCCD603E4F0.jpegA7422939-83AF-400A-BB51-BF1C2C73B20E.jpeg

Kinda wishing some of my favorites got in Smash now, or at least that there was a way third parties could make amiibo, especially since No More Heroes 3 has those nifty virtual gachas that almost harken back to Shenmue. Him, York, maybe Sans or even Shantae, plenty of others I’d like. At least 2B and A2 have their own figurines lol.

Now people talk about amiibo being expensive but I was surprised how much I paid for these here:

87034A48-EA78-4AE9-820E-9E5CA8E9E42C.jpegC1F7E676-7135-443B-8768-CFDF0AC2A571.jpeg
Long story short, being born in the early 90s I knew about Transformers but by the time I realized there were toys, Beast Wars was the new thing and I only ever got those. Not to knock them or anything, I still enjoyed the early designs at least, but man I always wanted at least one Transformer, and not the dumb movie adaptation stuff. It’s kinda why I regret selling Devestation despite wishing it had been a more full game.

I had to think a bit about making these purchases and despite really wanting some of my other favorites (Megatron, Soundwave, Bumblebee), I don’t think it would be a very responsible choice, at least not right now with little space and needing to save for bills. But transforming these gave me quite a bit of nostalgia.

While nothing antique I've really gotten into collecting Sonic 4-inch figures by Jakks. I'm not exactly a hardcore Sonic fan but I have a strong adoration for Sonic Adventure 1. The figures themselves usually go for £10 each and are a decent size & offer a decent amount of detail.
sonfigamy.JPG
I got Amy today! Which is one I was hoping to get!

sonfigcol2023.JPG
I've gathered a few over the years. Must admit I did mistake Omega for E-102 Gamma & Hope to eventually replace that one - Couldn't stand Sonic Heroes (Sorry!) But the Sonic Adventure Era is how I like my Sonic visuals to look, so while there have been 'Classic' versions of the figures I'm more after the Advenutre depictions of the characters. I'm pretty content with most that I have now, I would like one based of Dr. Robotnik, so holding out for the next wave he appears in.

I see the current phase has Big the Cat... Oh I don't know about that so much :tonguewink:

Anyways, just wanted to geek out about my Sonic figures a lil' bit :blush:

Last edited:
Back