Re-Release: Beta Yamanose + Beta Sakuragaoka With Working Clipping XDelta Patches

shengoro86

Please Kill Me.
Hi Everyone.

I hope you are all well these days.

A few weeks ago, I made an update to my Shenmue Explore Mod disc (which i do not publicly release anymore), however while working on it I was asked about the beta shenmue maps by a friend.

This conversation led me to realize that the only playable form of the beta maps (without modding knowledge) is the beta 0.4 which unfortunately doesnt allow Ryo to move at all.

So today I am uploading a solution to that.
Not sure if it'll benefit anyone. But I wanted to do it just in case it is useful to someone out there.

So here is the who what where why.

Who:
A loooooooooong time ago, someone (I am not sure if they want to be named) sent me patched mapinfo files for JU99 and JD99 where Ryo could walk around and have vertical and horizontal collision.
I made xdelta patches comparing friendo's mapinfos to the beta mapinfo found in the Shenmue Beta 0.4 all those years ago.
(If the user sees this and is ok with being named lemme know and ill update the text here)

What:
These are xdelta patches. Use xdelta to patch...
Please note that Beta Sakuragaoka will freeze the game if you run to the exit areas so I suggest playing it on an emulator and not on a console just in case.

Where:
Everywhere but nowhere at the same time

Why:
Alot of reasons. But to keep it short, I would hate to see things get lost to time.

Instructions:
- Download the xdelta patches
- Download xdelta to patch the patches:
- Download the 0.4 Beta:
- Extract the 0.4 Beta cdi (i typically use disc 1):
You can use anything such as daemon tools
- Go into the SCENE folder and locate both JU99 and JD99
- Patch the file with its respective xdelta patch
- Rebuild the cdi
- Enjoy and Explore The Art That Is Shenmue

MD5 Checksums:
-- Patch Checksums --

Patches.zip archive:
7A8AAE56EF8B96E3A52849E822E27A69

JU99 xdelta Patch:
E937C609C11285E822E57379B6049321

JD99 xdelta Patch:
FA0E71E613B92A1C689AD4FDA5E5B9C9

-- Patched Map Checksums --

Patched JU99/mapinfo.bin:
1D8EE706DECEE9E366B92EFF3BB1F227

Patched JD99/mapinfo.bin:
E80EC807121029BE71A4C12E8304AC16

Footages I took many years ago:
Beta Yamanose:
Beta Sakuragaoka:

The process here isn't for everyone (hence why i was releasing explore mods), but with a little patience and learning you can do it!
I believe in you ;)

Anyway that's all for today.
Stay classy.

/jams

Attachments

• Patches.zip
    188.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back