Random Thoughts

Yama

“I want to hear more about you”
Administrator
Discuss literally anything here (within the TOS).

tumblr_m9qirnKDYQ1qfa1jdo1_400.gif

Reactions: AXM
I agree with Riku. These threads are detrimental to forum activity. I think a Random Thoughts thread is a dump for people to post stuff when they ideally should make a thread. Sometimes quite good discussion worthy posts are made in these threads but they get lost amongst a sea of beige.

This isn’t a personal attack or anything Yama, I just don’t think these threads are any good. It’s similar to how Ryudo had his game series specific threads. It nullified the want to talk further.

People who repeatedly laugh at nothing whilst encouraging kids to scream want fucking shooting. Into the sun.

It's making sleep almost impossible. How the fuck do the people living in tropical climates manage it!?

It's making sleep almost impossible. How the fuck do the people living in tropical climates manage it!?
I believe it has something to do with humidity, if it's 35 degrees Celsius in for instance England and 40 degrees in Spain it would be alot more comfortable in Spain because it has less humidity there.

My favourite hangover cure is four mocha frappes from McDonalds, which is why it irritates the fuck outta me that they don't appear on the UberEats menu.

As I'm a moaning cunt, naturally I sent a rather simple email to complain/get it sorted:

Why are frappes unavailable on the Uber Eats app? This issue seems to affect every participating McDonalds restaurant within the Greater Manchester area, perhaps even the UK as a whole.

The response boiled my blood...

Dear David,

Thank you for your email.

Sadly, Frappes are not available on Uber Eats in the UK right now, however I will be passing your comments onto the relevant department so that they can consider getting it on the app.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact us back.

Kind regards,
Jude Dulake
Customer Services

To which I replied:

Yes, Jude, I'm well aware they're not currently available on UberEats. That's precisely the reason I sent this email. I didn't ask "are frappes available on UberEats?" I asked "why are frappes unavailable on the UberEats app?"

It says it right there in the email, and you've in turn just give me information you know I already have. That is what's called a non-answer.

So I'll ask precisely why are they unavailable whilst all other drinks are? Why are the branch managers baffled by it? Is it a specific decision? A mistake that can be rectified? It makes absolutely no sense to me for them to be missing from the menu.

And if you can't actually answer, please don't, instead what you can do is pass this onto somebody who can answer. After all, having no reason isn't a reason, and therefore it must either be a deliberate choice or an accidental oversight.

I'd like to know which one, and I'd like it sorting too.

- David

And the most recent email is:

Dear David,

Thank you for responding to our email.

I understand the frustration of not being able enjoy of our McCafé range products being delivered to your door. I apologise for the inconvenience, David.

These products may be unsuitable for delivery for many reasons and for these reasons we can not guarantee the quality of the product when it reaches you. We are always looking on ways and using feedback like yours, we know where to look to improve.

Alternatively, the product may be unavailable due to an issue within the restaurant and is currently unavailable on the menu. This is something we encourage our restaurants to resolve as quickly as possible.

I would like to reassure you that your feedback has been passed on to the relevant departments and UberEats to be reviewed.

I hope this information has helped answer your question, David.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services and providing us feedback. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact us back.

Kind regards,
Hadley Wassell
Customer Services Team

I'm now at a point where I can either concede defeat (which isn't really my style) or proceed to bang on about how I basically just want them to add frappes to the menu so I don't have to leave the house when I have a hangover.

What should I do? And have any of you lot sent stupid emails complaining about summat that doesn't matter!

To not really follow up on what Mittens just said:

Here in central Germany where I am not for the week (I don't live here) it hasn't rained since April 11th.The place looks like a desert... But it's said to rain tomorrow so I am wondering if people will run out of their houses dancing and screaming to thank the god(s) for the gift of life?? On the other hand... they're all German. They don't dance much.

99% of the time i skip youtube adverts but this one was cool. dont want to spoil it but if you liked karate kid, watch it.

dont know if i would watch the series but i like the concept.

Well... that's technically a dance. But it's well choreographed and planned. You couldn't just do THAT dance as a rain dance. That just wouldn't be appropriate.

Back