Random Shenmue Thoughts

Well, the anime did the whole of S1-2, so the next chapter should be coming in about 20 years, so all is going according to the schedule
Decades of waiting is the way you weed out the casuals and identify the REAL fans.

Last edited:
This community has some good photographers! I'm enjoying yours a lot. You get very dreamy, liminal spaces (just recently learned this english word ). Specially the New Year's goldfish lamps one is very beautiful, moreover its very amore.
@Bob's Pizzeria

This community has some good photographers! I'm enjoying yours a lot. You get very dreamy, liminal spaces (just recently learned this english word ). Specially the New Year's goldfish lamps one is very beautiful, moreover its very amore.
@Bob's Pizzeria
Thanks mate! China is great this time of year and the goldfish one is a personal fave too and made it my screensaver on my phone too.

Some games may not work, show performance issues or crash. Things of that nature. Some games or emulators will require a lot of fiddling with the settings, patches etc.

You're essentially working with a pocket PC, so a lot of games will not work 'out of the box' like they would with, say, a Nintendo Switch (or any other home console).

For example, I'm playing Elden Ring on my SteamDeck and while it runs remarkably well, sometimes it takes a couple attempts to start up properly or it may randomly crash. Valve clearly hasn't perfected the software yet.

If you don't mind that and are fortunate enough to be able to spend 400+ bucks on a handheld, it's a great device.

Been playing Shenmue on the Retroid and won Hang On in Tomato so i can play it on the Saturn. I also noticed that Mario Grianni is likely a little joke at Nintendo.

Back