Random Shenmue Thoughts

Im sorry but i have been very tired recently
Dont be. Im also been tired these days and like I said, I'm turning into my father and mispelling things.
Wait a minute, you're Bob's Pizzeria. Why the nickname change? Because you realized its Bob's Pizza instead? Lmao

Btw, you're pictures are missed mate. I hope you'll get time to take some.

Dont be. Im also been tired these days and like I said, I'm turning into my father and mispelling things.
Wait a minute, you're Bob's Pizzeria. Why the nickname change? Because you realized its Bob's Pizza instead? Lmao
That what a Doubita person walking around says if you try to talk to them. I changed the name because i named my criminal organization in GTA Alpha Trading and Delorean McRib is my PS ID

I quite like the way ost's were used in the first game to set the mood for forthcoming events. The OST used just before getting ambushed by Chai in the arcade, for example, or the sad free tracks that felt like they were conveying Ryo's inner turmoil.

Also, what a nice violin cover! I can't believe I just found this...

Last edited:
Reactions: red
Not sure where to mention this, but I was watching the Shenmue Lore Investigation.
Very interesting about all the references to dragons.
I've been thinking this for awhile but I haven't seen anyone mention this.
Kowloon : 九龍 is made up of 9 (九) and dragon (龍).
We all know the phrases from calling warehouse #8.
"Father's Heaven, Nine Dragons. Mother's Earth, Comrades."

I always think of Kowloon now, when they say 9 dragons.
And I also remember seeing this container in warehouse #8 in the Shenmue Anime?

jiu-feng-co.PNG
九豐
Also has 9 in it. Another way to say 9 dragons? I'm not sure what 豐 means.
I looked it up and google says it means rich.
Now I learned from the lore video about 5 star corp, wow!

I've heard the number 9 is lucky in China, especially repeated. For example, 999.99 is a better than 1000 for a wedding gift.
I just think there is a connection with 9 dragons, Jiu Feng, and Kowloon.
666 is also a lucky number in China and 4 is unlucky

Speaking more about dragon references:
From https://shenmue.fandom.com/wiki/Longsun_Zhao
Longsun Zhao (Hànzì: 趙龍孫, Pinyin: Zhào Lóngsūn)

Lóng (龍) is dragon. So Dragon is even in Lan Di's name.
Looking up sūn (孫), I see that it is used in grandson.
So my best guess is his name is like "Son of the Dragon"?

While doing research on Chi You.
I discovered "The Lüshi Chunqiu (c. 239 BCE) quotes Confucius comparing long 龍 "dragons", chi 螭 "hornless dragons"
So Lóng is a horned dragon.
Interestingly enough, Chi You 蚩尤 (chī yóu), though not using the same character but sharing the same tone in Mandarin at least, seems related etymologically. The word is also used for mountain demons, and chi (蚩) has a mountain in part of the character.
I found this about chi you: "The deity Chi You was the leader of the Jiu Li Tribe (九黎部落 jiǔ lí bù luò) in ancient times, he was a skilled weapon smith and master of war."
There is that 9 again in the tribe name.

Just mind blowing how deep this goes.

I've heard the number 9 is lucky in China, especially repeated. For example, 999.99 is a better than 1000 for a wedding gift.
I just think there is a connection with 9 dragons, Jiu Feng, and Kowloon.
I know a guy who does business in China from time to time. He told me that from his experiences that they are highly superstitious, to the point where the success of a potential business deal could hinge upon the seat he sat on. With some seats being deemed ahead of time as 'unlucky'.

Which warehouse can Ryo train in at the harbour and can you use it just after you had that qte with goro bullying that dude? want to train all my moves in one go after work

Back