Random Shenmue Thoughts

I heard that there is possibly different dialogue in the scene where Ryo gets fired if he sucks at his job, is there any truth to this? I feel like for every playthrough I can remember, I always made quota, so I can't 100% rule it out. From what I heard, the boss acts more harshly to Ryo during the scene where he gets fired if Ryo was incompetent as a worker. Sounds like one of those old school cheatbook rumours that were created to make the player jump through hoops with no end reward but I am curious :LOL:

I heard that there is possibly different dialogue in the scene where Ryo gets fired if he sucks at his job, is there any truth to this? I feel like for every playthrough I can remember, I always made quota, so I can't 100% rule it out. From what I heard, the boss acts more harshly to Ryo during the scene where he gets fired if Ryo was incompetent as a worker. Sounds like one of those old school cheatbook rumours that were created to make the player jump through hoops with no end reward but I am curious :LOL:
I'm certain I've seen a clip of it somewhere

Have you seen the cover for US Shenmue? It's literally the same thing. It is legit.
I live in PAL territory so I didn't saw neither the original NTSC-U & US EDITION release until some years ago over internet. I never implied it (I get the use of word bootleg misled) is a fake but its design not appealing to me. Can be of the like of you and I will respect it.
I dont like neither the color palette and the big US flag at center (same as it was spanish flag). Hope its clear now

My new post in the blog of the Dojo. In this post i share my opinion about if Xiuying will appear again in the story, i share the reasons that makes me believe that this will happen, thank you for the support in the blog.

1659713777314.png

Last edited:
Oh, you know she will ;)

Of course, when we met Ximing, it'll be either in that game or the next game.

Ryo might be a madman for travelling around East Asia to avenge his father, yet his madness ironically saved his and his family's life if he lived immutably throughout the game.

He had to get out of Japan.

Sega should invest in a Shenmue musical. They could call it Shenmue: A Dobuita Tale. Could you imagine a fat lady coming out singing in high pitch "SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

Back