Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Summer Snooze Fest(aside from FF7 Part 2).

Back to the waiting game again..Gamescom, TGS, TGAs and maybe some Sony event.

Year isn't over, but I'm beginning to lose hope.

This feels like an endless cycle of hell.

Onto Gamescom. Hopefully, 110 Industries will be there. Still waiting for their "huge announcement with a well-known partner" news to drop.

I think the TGS is the last chance for this year. I know that we gamescom as well but I think the Tokyo Game Show would be a more appropriate place to announce Shenmue 4.

I think the TGS is the last chance for this year. I know that we gamescom as well but I think the Tokyo Game Show would be a more appropriate place to announce Shenmue 4.

I give more credence to Gamescom because I think 110i has more presence there and they are our best bet right now.

Sony may have another Showcase(rumored, it'll probably be after or right before Spidey 2) and they also do little State of Plays that it could show up at.

TGS is viable, though.

I don't think Shenmue 4 wasn't at Summer game fest 2023 because it's a niche game. Is it more niche than this?

The reason is something else. Maybe they have nothing to show, maybe they are avoiding the media, maybe they have an appointment for the other gaming events until the end of the year... The whole silence situation is very strange and I personally want to hear news about Shenmue future this year. Even if it's bad news.

Yu-san
Yes please
Won't you come and put the fourth on me?
Give a little Wude
Make it alright
Need a bit of brawling
in my life

IMG-20230611-175256.jpg

Ran into this forklift while playing Street Fighter 6.
Xbox Games Showcase starts in an hour...

I don't believe in coincidences.
(Even my character had to take a picture).

If some day Shenmue 4 comes out, remember this frustration, and everything that we have fought for to be fulfilled, so that some arrive, and just for fun and to do harm they want to boycott the franchise again. At that time, everyone, remember this, and defend Shenmue (with politeness and respect, if not, we lower ourselves to the same level as them), because if we don't defend it, nobody will.

Last edited:
I think the Deep Silver/Prime Matter/Koch Media/Embracer Group as a whole ship has sailed by now, but here is more evidence for that: https://embracer.com/releases/open-letter-by-embracer-group-ceo-on-restructuring-program/

"The actions will include, but not be limited to, closing or divestments of some studios and the termination or pausing of some ongoing game development projects. It will also include decreased spending on non-development costs such as overhead and other operating expenses. We will reduce third party publishing and put greater focus on internal IP and increase external funding of large-budget games."

Almost four years have passed since Shenmue 3 launch, I hope it's already in development and the next time we hear about it is for its launch announcement, because if they say something and then start to develop it, it would mean that they won't launch it until 2027 at least, that's too much and it would go against the game.

I also hope that if it is announced, they can end this lack of communication with the fan base. Total silence for 4 years is basically ridiculous and does no good in keeping the fans they have let alone garnering interest from new fans which is what it needs.

Total silence for 4 years is basically ridiculous and does no good in keeping the fans they have let alone garnering interest from new fans which is what it needs.
Indeed, because people lose hope and the newcomers forget about it. We don't need news or update as if it was a fifa game but after 4 years it's about time to say something. The longer the wait the higher the damage to the game.

I think the Deep Silver/Prime Matter/Koch Media/Embracer Group as a whole ship has sailed by now, but here is more evidence for that: https://embracer.com/releases/open-letter-by-embracer-group-ceo-on-restructuring-program/

"The actions will include, but not be limited to, closing or divestments of some studios and the termination or pausing of some ongoing game development projects. It will also include decreased spending on non-development costs such as overhead and other operating expenses. We will reduce third party publishing and put greater focus on internal IP and increase external funding of large-budget games."

If S4 was in development under embracer group, it could be one of those cancelled projects...
But we are probably safe from deep silver/embracer mismanagament.

Back