Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Problem is that the book/manga/anime first --> game later, is the long road, and we can't wait again 5/10 years for the next game.

Instead things has to move fast, 2024 is the max limit to have Shenmue 4 and 5 both in the same generation of console.
That means that we must have at least the S4 announcement this year.

If nothing happens in 2023, than things will get critical, but for now there are still chances.

Does anyone have an idea how to minimize the noise and attention from recent Virtua Fighter NFT news? :)

I think it's very important that at least fans don't hate Yu Suzuki on social networks. Maybe if we don't comment and like at all, these news will become less popular?

Does anyone have an idea how to minimize the noise and attention from recent Virtua Fighter NFT news? :)

I think it's very important that at least fans don't hate Yu Suzuki on social networks. Maybe if we don't comment and like at all, these news will become less popular?
Simply put. Ignore it. Don't comment on it, don't interact on it. Simply leave it.

Yes that's good advice. Most of the haters just do that it the attention. The less attention they get the better.

For what it's worth, the few articles i've seen so far today mention Yu Suzuki, but not Shenmue in general. That could be a good thing as more people are aware of the brand than the individual. I have to admit, the VF artwork looks sexy as hell, but that's about all it has going for it.

This better be for money to help make Shenmue IV...

new technology which could help make S4 even quicker.

Exactly what I'm been talking about in a desert, but with Yu Suzuki messing with the code = a new set of Magic (r)
technologies.
Now apply the same for level layout design, textures creation, trees/branches of conversations and so on.
And like I previously stated, YS has every motion file, raw mesh, textures in .psd divided in layers, event scripts... To choke the AI and order it make variations or new ones. Checking the results and recoding in consequences must throw amazing stuff after a few iterarions.

In other order of things: your thoughts on cloud gamesaves, plus personal account and getting access to your Ryo-pet on your phone. Colored VMU sprites visuals.

Last edited:
Reactions: red
Exactly what I'm been talking about in a desert, but with Yu Suzuki messing with the code = a new set of Magic (r)
technologies.
Now apply the same for level layout design, textures creation, trees/branches of conversations and so on.
And like I previously stated, YS has every motion file, raw mesh, textures in .psd divided in layers, event scripts... To choke the AI and order it make variations or new ones. Checking the results and recoding in consequences must throw amazing stuff after a few iterarions.

In other order of things: your thoughts on cloud gamesaves, plus personal account and getting access to your Ryo-pet on your phone. Colored VMU sprites visuals.
Something like the Shenmue Passport for your phone, linked to your game save, would work very well, I think. You could play around with it while on a journey or whatever, then continue the game itself when you get home. Would be great for immersion.

Something like the Shenmue Passport for your phone, linked to your game save, would work very well, I think. You could play around with it while on a journey or whatever, then continue the game itself when you get home. Would be great for immersion.
A cool feature imo would be a podometer, with a simple Ryo chibi sprite and a basic scroll. Here one would get rare items (herbs, special lures, moves, capsules..!) at a certain amount of steps. Chocobo World but lets get sweaty.

Yes ! They could even do a link between the game and the phone app
For example, we could have some mini games in the app, like the lucky hit one, that allows to grab some money for the game or exclusives prizes like capsules toys figures unlockable only via the app, or move scrolls
Also this would be the carrot and Ysnet could profit of this to communicate easily with the community and why not add some micro transactions stuff, could be a way to secure more money
Could bring some extra experience and give back some relevance to all the mini games created for the shenmue licence

Yes ! They could even do a link between the game and the phone app
For example, we could have some mini games in the app, like the lucky hit one, that allows to grab some money for the game or exclusives prizes like capsules toys figures unlockable only via the app, or move scrolls
Also this would be the carrot and Ysnet could profit of this to communicate easily with the community and why not add some micro transactions stuff, could be a way to secure more money
Could bring some extra experience and give back some relevance to all the mini games created for the shenmue licence
Lucky hit etc on the phone would be great, but I’d prefer without microtransactions personally.

I m ready to work freely for Ysnet to have Shenmue 4 ,
I m ready to do whatever they ask, i'll learn while making it and try hard night and day until it's ok
I can do digital painting, piano, maps, communication on social medias, i can translate in french and german
Shit, what can we do more to have this shenmue 4 ?

if they need music for shenmue 4, i would of originally voted for the "GOAT" ryuichi sakamoto but now i would vote for the japanese pianist Kanako Hara. while there is tones of excellent pianists i enjoy listing to on youtube. she's the only one who composes top notch music and a lot of her music sounds like it would fit well in the world of shenmue.

check out 26:31 and 55:34

Last edited:
I went through almost half of the last Shenmue Dojo episode "What do we want?" (Things came in, got to finish watching it later)
So far It reflects my course of thoughts changing over time.
I love capsule toys (fan service) and some time ago it would've pissed me learning about S4 lacking or even having almost no variety/duplicates.
Now I just want to get the mechanics-story balanced and stepping further into the Shenmue structure of unveiling things while mixing rpg/fighting smoothly, which is still today unique in its way. For that I will happily sacrifice capsule toys and alikes. I prefer adding replay value based in getting through different story paths or branches, more than getting trophies alikes.

Back