Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Have you played Shenmue 3?

Nothing can be more archaic and technically bad than that.
Chopping wood, picking herbs, combat, turtle race, eating fruits, pRaCtIcE yOuR kUnG fu
Everything is just awful on a level I've never seen in my life.
Any developer would have done a million times better job than that.

And you hating on a franchise just because it's so much more successful than Shenmue?
Deal with reality. We don't even know if there's going to be a Shenmue IV. Shenmue is the franchise with the most defeated and depressing history I've ever seen. It's just sad.

Seriously, it's been a while since I've read this much shit on the internet. Yakuza is not Shenmue, just as Binary Domain was not Yakuza. Different proposals. A Shenmue by RGG Studio wouldn't be another Yakuza. In any case, you can rest assured that this is not going to happen. They have no reason to touch Shenmue. They are very busy with the re-release of Ishin + Gaiden + 8 + a new unannounced IP and quite possibly a third Judgment. Although the series was made with casual and adult audiences in mind, there is an optional level of depth for the more hardcore players. Just look at the growing No Damage community on Youtube.

If I'm on this forum it's because I'm somehow interested in Shenmue and I dream of a better future for the franchise, something very difficult to visualize to be honest. But reading posts of this level makes me think that maybe the IP had the fate it deserved.

I don't give a shit if the RDR2 horse's balls shrink in the cold. None of this has any impact on my experience with the game. I don't care if a game is technically impressive like GoW Ragnarok if it has lots of "walk & talk" moments that could be skippable cutscenes. I'm totally ok with games on a budget and not focusing on this pointless bullshit.

English is not my first language.
Shenmue III is very far from perfect, but it isn’t THAT bad in my opinion, particularly given the circumstances under which it was made. I have my own issues with the game but it could have been far, far, FAR worse. Personally, despite all its flaws, I still got some joy out of it. I’m sorry you didn’t.

Shenmue III is very far from perfect, but it isn’t THAT bad in my opinion, particularly given the circumstances under which it was made. I have my own issues with the game but it could have been far, far, FAR worse. Personally, despite all its flaws, I still got some joy out of it. I’m sorry you didn’t.
Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the game in some way. I found the locations to be quite beautiful, but that's about it.

I thought it was totally amateurish and criminally bad in just about everything. But I will be there day one for Shenmue 4 because I liked the first two games and I believe it can't be worse than the third game.

Have you played Shenmue 3?

Nothing can be more archaic and technically bad than that.
Chopping wood, picking herbs, combat, turtle race, eating fruits, pRaCtIcE yOuR kUnG fu
Everything is just awful on a level I've never seen in my life.
Any developer would have done a million times better job than that.

And you hating on a franchise just because it's so much more successful than Shenmue?
Deal with reality. We don't even know if there's going to be a Shenmue IV. Shenmue is the franchise with the most defeated and depressing history I've ever seen. It's just sad.

Seriously, it's been a while since I've read this much shit on the internet. Yakuza is not Shenmue, just as Binary Domain was not Yakuza. Different proposals. A Shenmue by RGG Studio wouldn't be another Yakuza. In any case, you can rest assured that this is not going to happen. They have no reason to touch Shenmue. They are very busy with the re-release of Ishin + Gaiden + 8 + a new unannounced IP and quite possibly a third Judgment. Although the series was made with casual and adult audiences in mind, there is an optional level of depth for the more hardcore players. Just look at the growing No Damage community on Youtube.

If I'm on this forum it's because I'm somehow interested in Shenmue and I dream of a better future for the franchise, something very difficult to visualize to be honest. But reading posts of this level makes me think that maybe the IP had the fate it deserved.

I don't give a shit if the RDR2 horse's balls shrink in the cold. None of this has any impact on my experience with the game. I don't care if a game is technically impressive like GoW Ragnarok if it has lots of "walk & talk" moments that could be skippable cutscenes. I'm totally ok with games on a budget and not focusing on this pointless bullshit.

English is not my first language.

don't worry, English is not the problem of your post... :rolleyes:

From the rant about Shenmue 3, to the simpleton way of thinking "me only want to beat thugs, me happy" is just a massive manifesto of the absolute ignorance of the current Yakuza fanbase and in general of the modern gaming fanbases, made by people who not only lack videogaming knowledge, but lacks even the basic human skills...

and it's the perfect explanation of the sad state of the gaming industry and the society as a whole.

Yes, Shenmue 3 is far away from perfect but I still had fun with it and I think it does not deserve the harsh criticism from Ichiban.

I also respect the opinion of Ichiban in general but one of the plus points of Shenmue is immersion. Shenmue tries to emulate a world that you are part of. And with no offense but that's nothing any RGG studio game has ever done.

The Yakuza has its one plus point that makes the games unique and enjoyable but these points have nothing to do with Shenmue.

That's the reason why I doubt that the Yakuza team has the necessary understanding of Shenmue to make a good Shenmue game.

@Admins,

can we have a button on the website that says "click here, if you want to discuss rgg vs Shenmue for the 1000th time" and when you click it, all your posts regarding that subject get shadow banned?

Thank you.

Yakuza is very good and fun as a game, Shenmue feels much more like an experience.

The things that Ichiban listed as bad - the minigames and training - are actually very important to the overall experience.

Whoever makes the new game, whatever ways they use to make the game more modern, I hope they can keep that feeling that Shenmue 3 has. RGG studio can help with the development of the game, but they need someone to supervise and control them, not to run away too much from the unique Shenmue feel.

For me Yakuza Like A Dragon is 10/10 game. Ive played it one time and Im waiting for the second part. Shenmue 3 is 8/10 max, but ive complete it 4 times, got 100% trophies and still play it from time to time. Totaly different games. Shenmue III gives me something that no other modern game can.

Edit: I can see there are many other issues that would prevent RGG from making a Shenmue game. When I read you, I'm already sure it's impossible. :)

Last edited:
I also respect the opinion of Ichiban in general but one of the plus points of Shenmue is immersion. Shenmue tries to emulate a world that you are part of. And with no offense but that's nothing any RGG studio game has ever done.
Did they even try? Each game has its own proposal as i said.

The other user is completely clueless and deserves no response. "I just want to beat up thugs" since I play Yakuza 7, an RPG, using the amulet that prevents random fights. "I just want to beat up thugs" since I liked games like Shenmue, Ico, The Last Guardian and Death Stranding.

Shenmue 3 isn't garbage, just the rest of the industry and society that is. Insane.

I do not think they tried it. Because the premise of Yakuza is different than Shenmue. And there is nothing wrong with that. it is just puzzling at least for me that some people think that the RGG people could contribute to Shenmue to make it better. Shenmue and Yakuza are like Day and Night. I do not see anything good coming out of that.

I do not think they tried it. Because the premise of Yakuza is different than Shenmue. And there is nothing wrong with that. it is just puzzling at least for me that some people think that the RGG people could contribute to Shenmue to make it better. Shenmue and Yakuza are like Day and Night. I do not see anything good coming out of that.
I agree that they are completely different. Just like Binary Domain it is also completely different and turned out to be a decent TPS that deserved another chance.

In any case, this discussion is fruitless. RGG is not touching Shenmue for the reasons already said.
I don't think any dev is touching Shenmue, sadly.

Did they even try? Each game has its own proposal as i said.

The other user is completely clueless and deserves no response. "I just want to beat up thugs" since I play Yakuza 7, an RPG, using the amulet that prevents random fights. "I just want to beat up thugs" since I liked games like Shenmue, Ico, The Last Guardian and Death Stranding.

Shenmue 3 isn't garbage, just the rest of the industry and society that is. Insane.

For the records, I don't use words like "ignorance" and "lack of basic human skills" randomly.
There is a huge gap here between what I'm really saying and what you yakuza fanboys perceives, and reading this post I see the gap is widening.
I'm talking about "oranges" and you answer with "cars"... it's useless.

Honestly, you're lucky that the shenmue fanbase is nice and friendly (even too much) and didn't noticed what you tried to do.
I can only imagine what would happen if I tried a stunt like that on a yakuza forum...

Last edited:
For the records, I don't use words like "ignorance" and "lack of basic human skills" randomly.
There is a huge gap here between what I'm really saying and what you yakuza fanboys perceives, and reading this post I see the gap is widening.
I'm talking about "oranges" and you answer with "cars"... it's useless.

Honestly, you're lucky that the shenmue fanbase is nice and friendly (even too much) and didn't noticed what you tried to do.
I can only imagine what would happen if I tried a stunt like that on a yakuza forum...
This has gone too far. I kindly ask that you never answer me again.

Absolutly! Shenmue fans are nice people. :LOL:

Realistically, I don't think SEGA would participate in the development either. Оne of the reasons I'd be happy to have SEGA and RGG involved in Shenmue 4 is that there won't be a license fee.

I heard somewhere that SEGA took money for the license from the kickstarter.

If SEGA is not involved in the development of Shenmue 4, who will pay them for the license? Ys Net or 110 Industry? Or maybe there's a chance they'll negotiate some percentage of future game sales to go into SEGA's bank account...

Fight? Holy shit. The only troll here is you.
Either he's a troll or he's completely clueless. There is no other option.

Stop playing dumb, unfortunately for you I know what you tried to do with that post.
At least when I'm around, there will be no free pass for shenmue 3 trolling here, so tell that to your smartass friends on the other forums just in case...
Unless you want to discuss in a civil respectful way, you yakuza fanboys will be treated as the trolls you are.

Stop playing dumb, unfortunately for you I know what you tried to do with that post.
At least when I'm around, there will be no free pass for shenmue 3 trolling here, so tell that to your smartass friends on the other forums just in case...
Unless you want to discuss in a civil respectful way, you yakuza fanboys will be treated as the trolls you are.
Both of you stop this.

Move the conversation on or ignore each other.

Fucking dumb asshole.

Goodbye. Franchise is dead anyway. They can ban me if they want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't want to be in the same community as a disgusting dumb piece of shit like you. A motherfucker who doesn't know shit about me and says Shenmue 3 isn't garbage, just everything else in the universe is.

Congrats on narrowing down the number of Shenmue fans even further. Time to get back to the happiest franchise community I've ever seen. A franchise that has been growing since 2017 VS another that has become a joke. That's what you deserve. All this in the gap between Shenmue 2 and 3, shit sufferer.

Just to finish my time here, this was me last year:

Last edited:
Back