Random Shenmue: Dragon and Phoenix Thoughts

Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Strider (2014)
I am excited about this collection. To see Shenmue with modern technology will probably be the only chance we'll get for a true remaster and/or remake. To see fans keeping the Shenmue spirit alive for the benefit of the fans is amazing. I am truly humbled by the insatiable passion of this fanbase and honored to be a part of it. I will be downloading this collection on day zero.

Once again, thank you very much @LemonHaze, and all the other coders who are working on this collection. You guys are incredible.

Favourite title
Shenmue
About twenty years ago, another Shenmue fan and I were discussing something like these. "What if we could mod the games up and add cut content back, or even new content?" Well, neither of us are particularly adapt at programming and such, so it's awesome to see people bringing those dreams to life! I'm so stoked and excited for both of these.

Currently playing
shenmue III
It's great to see it being made but I wait for npc and gameplay, and what kind of modernization the creators think about.

One important example for me will be the camera where I vastly prefer 1&2 (where it control ryo head) over 3 (where it's a standard 3rd person adventure camera).

Seaman

It's SEA-MAN, you punk!
@LemonHaze have you ever thought of doing a mod for Shenmue where you could replace the main characters with there Virtual Fighter equivalent? I would personally love this mod.
My thought a hundred of times sir. May I ask what's in your mind? You have the tooLs, a willingly team and you're the concept mod director: Please tell me which changes would imply your VF Shenmue mod

edit: my suggestion for starters... change Chai into a non goofy ninja called Kagemaru. Editing even his script and personality not just model swap. And for Shenmue 2 I always missed someone yelling "Hey you, samurai boy!" at the Golden Hotel hall... that being Wolf and having a wrestling challenge there instead Kowloon :)

edit2: about this project i wish the makers the best luck to get this made

Last edited:

BruceWayne911

Arm Break Fire (➡️⬅️⬅️ 👐)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
My thought a hundred of times sir. May I ask what's in your mind? You have the tooLs, a willingly team and you're the concept mod director: Please tell me which changes would imply your VF Shenmue mod

edit: my suggestion for starters... change Chai into a non goofy ninja called Kagemaru. Editing even his script and personality not just model swap. And for Shenmue 2 I always missed someone yelling "Hey you, samurai boy!" at the Golden Hotel hall... that being Wolf and having a wrestling challenge there instead Kowloon :)

edit2: about this project i wish the makers the best luck to get this made

Sorry for late response honestly replace all the character with VF fighters. It would be dope seeing Lau Chan holding Akira off the ground bu his throat in the Hazuki Dojo.

Seaman

It's SEA-MAN, you punk!
Sorry for late response honestly replace all the character with VF fighters. It would be dope seeing Lau Chan holding Akira off the ground bu his throat in the Hazuki Dojo.
Dont mention it, I wasnt in a hurry plus... everything XD life is unmercyless. The scene you describe sounds really cool... We almost had it with Virtua Quest but sadly it ended being a poor attempt to catch some of the Kingdom Hearts success :(
I still linger for a VF with at least mild quest/story mode.

Highly anticipating Dragon & Phoenix.
I wouldn't be surprised if the team behind this gets approached, it looks superb. If that happens I pray for a friendly & smart "Let's make it official" instead of, you know, Cancel & Destroy. I will renew my pc just for this. And curve monitor ffs

BruceWayne911

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Dont mention it, I wasnt in a hurry plus... everything XD life is unmercyless. The scene you describe sounds really cool... We almost had it with Virtua Quest but sadly it ended being a poor attempt to catch some of the Kingdom Hearts success :(
I still linger for a VF with at least mild quest/story mode.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team behind this gets approached, it looks superb. If that happens I pray for a friendly & smart "Let's make it official" instead of, you know, Cancel & Destroy. I will renew my pc just for this. And curve monitor ffs

I wonder if we all would still love the series if it had played like it was supposed to being Virtual Fighter RPG?

Seaman

It's SEA-MAN, you punk!
I wonder if we all would still love the series if it had played like it was supposed to being Virtual Fighter RPG?
Uhm my bias due to my extreme SEGA! fanboyism makes hard to give you a proper answer. But anyways, is "Yes, I think so" :p I think we eat whatever bone that throw at us. Seriously, did you remember the april fools joke about a "SEGA Bass Fishing of the Dead"? Not only did I Totally fell on it but also though "oh fu.. Great! Zombi fish ayayah!" I cant be unpartial xD

BruceWayne911

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Uhm my bias due to my extreme SEGA! fanboyism makes hard to give you a proper answer. But anyways, is "Yes, I think so" :p I think we eat whatever bone that throw at us. Seriously, did you remember the april fools joke about a "SEGA Bass Fishing of the Dead"? Not only did I Totally fell on it but also though "oh fu.. Great! Zombi fish ayayah!" I cant be unpartial xD

At least you didn't fall for @Jibby Shenmue Mania prank🤣😂 I felt so stupid when it was a prank. Damn you @Jibby

LemonHaze

Server Admin
Administrator
@LemonHaze would it be possible to make Virtual Fighter 2 playable in Dragon & Phoenix collection?
Potentially yes, the code I wrote for the in-game Arcade stuff is all for libretro. libretro is essentially the core to RetroArch and is what allows it to work. By using libretro inside of Unreal Engine, anything that libretro can emulate, in theory can be used by the code I wrote.

JCJ

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Seeing the news about this https://noclip.website/ page has made my thirst for a simple way of exploring the Shenmue worlds in VR increase tenfold :-). Even if it's in the unimproved "dragon" graphics, with no story or interaction at all. Simply walking the streets with time passing by and NPCs following their lives....

Don't take this as a request, because I will gladly take whatever you want to deliver whenever you want to deliver it. But simply as an idea :-).