Random Gaming Thoughts

Looks great but that's proper pricey

Seems about on par with most VR sets pricing wise. I'm intrigued. But the launch line up doesn't scream "buy me day one."

They really should have tried to get Half Life Alyx on this thing day one. That's one VR game I'm mighty intrigued to check out still.

Here's a random rambling of gaming thoughts:

I would love a Fatal Frame trilogy collection.

Is anyone else playing less and less newer games. So far I haven't been grabbed by a game to go out and get it. I'm still waiting to be floored by these new consoles I'm waiting on that uncharted 4 moment and it hasn't happened yet. I'm 100 percent positive it's coming though.

It also seems to be a lot of remakes and remasters out lately compared to previous years.

Though I am playing less and less games in general so that may have something to do with it.

Yeah other than Zelda and some Yakuza I can’t think of much coming next year I’m looking forward to. Definitely don’t see a new for ps5 or xbox. Laptop is good enough to run a lot of newer games but tbh lately I’ve seen far more creative indie games.

Yeah other than Zelda and some Yakuza I can’t think of much coming next year I’m looking forward to. Definitely don’t see a new for ps5 or xbox. Laptop is good enough to run a lot of newer games but tbh lately I’ve seen far more creative indie games.

i do like the idea of having one machine capable of playing all games (ie a pc/laptop) but im really happy with my ps5. i bought a xbox series s just for halo. i would sell it on but there is the odd exclusive that pop up, that i want to play.

the only games i'm looking forward to playing are god of war 2, resident evil 4 and high on life.

Is anyone else playing less and less newer games. So far I haven't been grabbed by a game to go out and get it. I'm still waiting to be floored by these new consoles I'm waiting on that uncharted 4 moment and it hasn't happened yet. I'm 100 percent positive it's coming though.
over the years i've ended up playing less games because i mainly hold out for the AAA titles with good reviews and we only get a few a year.

maybe it's because i'm old but i much pefer games which have a good story/gameplay and are around 15-20 hours long. i'm really not interested in playing 1 game for 50+ hours, grinding and collecting all the little ingame trinkets. also i might be in the minority but the current trend in openworld games suck. they are always terrible.

i do like the idea of having one machine capable of playing all games (ie a pc/laptop) but im really happy with my ps5. i bought a xbox series s just for halo. i would sell it on but there is the odd exclusive that pop up, that i want to play.

the only games i'm looking forward to playing are god of war 2, resident evil 4 and high on life.

over the years i've ended up playing less games because i mainly hold out for the AAA titles with good reviews and we only get a few a year.

maybe it's because i'm old but i much pefer games which have a good story/gameplay and are around 15-20 hours long. i'm really not interested in playing 1 game for 50+ hours, grinding and collecting all the little ingame trinkets. also i might be in the minority but the current trend in openworld games suck. they are always terrible.
Red you spoke what I've been feeling about gaming over the past 2 decades better than I ever could. You expressed my thoughts wonderfully. I too only play games for the story and that limits my options tremendously. We're absolutely in the same boat. I would much rather take a immersive 12 hour game like say Life Is Strange One specifically over that new Gotham Knights.

You're not alone. I try to play on favour of every game I get to play but the mmorpg for ultracompletist targeted train seems to have passed for me. Its not that there's only an abscence of a game that appeals me personally but a total lack of appeal to the genre.
Of course, sometimes I miss when every game was good because "it was a videogame" and then there was the awesome games "because hadoken, because you can dive, because" but that sweet age was like that also because we had not yet built ourselves some criteria.

My grandpa cloudrant revolves around handholding and tutorials. I demand - for the sake of continuity- a game consisting in a tutorial from start to end. Over 60h. of tips and hints and advices is required.
TUTORIAL: The Game

Reactions: red
Pretty insane looking Wonder Boy collection is coming out next month.

Included Games

• Wonder Boy
    • Wonder Boy / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-1)
    • Wonder Boy / Japan / SG-1000
    • Super Wonder Boy / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III
    • Wonder Boy / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
    • Revenge of Drancon / International / Game Gear
    • Wonder Boy / Japan / Game Gear
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land
    • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-2)
    • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
    • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / Japan / Arcade (SYSTEM-2)
    • Super Wonder Boy in Monster Land / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
    • Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
    • Wonder Boy III: The Dragon’s Trap / International / Game Gear
    • Monster World II / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III
    • Monster World II: The Dragon’s Trap / Japan / Game Gear
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
    • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-16)
    • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair / International / Mega Drive / Genesis
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World
    • Wonder Boy in Monster World / International / Mega Drive / Genesis
    • Wonder Boy in Monster World / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
    • Wonder Boy V: Monster World III / Japan / Mega Drive
  • Monster World IV
    • Monster World IV / International / Mega Drive / Genesis
    • Monster World IV / Japan / Mega Drive

i can't believe they put the price up on the ps5 consoles rrp (£450 to £479.99). :censored:
it's gotta be a first for gaming?

i can't believe they put the price up on the ps5 consoles rrp (£450 to £479.99). :censored:
it's gotta be a first for gaming?
That's nothing in comparison to some of the game prices with Standard Editions for BIG titles going for £70. I would have liked to pre-order the Final Fantasy XVI Steelbook Edition but just a Steelbook & and a cloth map is not worth up to £100. I did manage to find a Pre-Order it for under £50 online but see it has gone up since:

i completed high on life on xbox series s.

it's not as bad as reviewers are saying it is, but it's not a AAA game. it's a fun, silly game. i would give it a 7/10.. i couldn't help thinking this game would probably work better on the nintendo switch, due to its screen size etc.

i think high on life is one of those games you need to be in the correct mindset to play, otherwise the jokes and combat become repetitive and annoying.

if you have xbox game pass, check it out, but i wouldn't recommend paying the £49.99 / $59.99 price tag to buy it.

I completed God of War Ragnarok on the hardest difficulty, but still had Gna (Valkyrie) to beat. I've been trying for the past couple weeks on and off. My whole family had seen me struggle and my son in particular would see me constantly fail and my frustrations.

Today, I was playing it in front of my 2 kids. I managed to do it and started shouting in triumph. Probably the most cutest thing to happen to me, my 5 year old jumped on me from the sofa and screamed "you did it dad" and then my daughter done the same. I had them both in each arm, jumping up and down shouting "we did It".

Back