Random Gaming Thoughts

They've just showed the new trailer for PES 2022, or now eFootball and what a disappointment. "The death of video games" literally came to mind after the trailer was finished. It's a now free to play game that is also cross-platform multiplayer with mobile. This therefore means that the crap sever test the released actually represented the gameplay. The graphics between what was tested and promised to what has been shown is remarkably disappointing.

Another company selling out to microtransactions and the mobile market. I skipped the last update and it looks like I'll be skipping this too.

These games are not really for the average gamer anyway. They are made for sport enthusiasts, like friends of mine who are not really into videogames but still own a PS4 or Xbox just to play the annual Madden NFL or EA NHL titles.

These games are not really for the average gamer anyway. They are made for sport enthusiasts, like friends of mine who are not really into videogames but still own a PS4 or Xbox just to play the annual Madden NFL or EA NHL titles.
This has me thinking and really puts into perspective that a game can still flop on a 100m+ console like ps4. Or first party's only selling a fraction of the installed base. I'm starting to think Ninty must be selling dope or sumthing to have such a high attachment ratio to their first party property.

A Dead Space Remake...

I loved the original game, but I think I'd be more content with a trilogy Remaster much like Mass Effect recently received. The games aren't even that old and still look great on PC with resolution and spec boosts. I can't see myself getting this until it's budget priced.

A Dead Space Remake...

I loved the original game, but I think I'd be more content with a trilogy Remaster much like Mass Effect recently received. The games aren't even that old and still look great on PC with resolution and spec boosts. I can't see myself getting this until it's budget priced.
Shame it isn't a continuation or even reboot, but I'm still curious to see it with modern hardware though.

With Black Myth Wu Kong, Lost Soul Aside, Xuan Yuan Sword VII, and now Sword and Fairy VII, China is starting to become a favorite country of mine when it comes to video games.

Monster hunter story 2 is what pokemon should of been. My gosh, it just scratches the expectations I'd had for Pokemon and then some. Gameplay needs some more balance/refining despite the very high quality, but visual/audio presentation is top notch.

The writing tho subjective, is not a toss away either imo. it's quite compelling on some levels over pokemon as well.

With Black Myth Wu Kong, Lost Soul Aside, Xuan Yuan Sword VII, and now Sword and Fairy VII, China is starting to become a favorite country of mine when it comes to video games.

Played the demo recently and I Loved it; almost certain I'm going to buy it day one.

I would like to recomend two indie games that I've played recently:

Alba A Wildlife Adventure:
This one is by far one of the best Indie games I've ever played; If you are looking for a relaxing and refreshing gaming experience; this is the game to play.

Detective Di The Silk Rode Murders:
This is a classic point and click adventure game; it has a great story and some very interesting puzzles and mysteries to solve.

These series celebrated its 25th and 30th anniversary last year with amazing orchestral concerts.

Last edited:

Looks interesting. And you are right China could become driving force in gaming in the 21 first century in the same vain that Japan was in the 1980s and 90s.

Chinese games are different than your average modern western game. And Japan is way too much mobile gaming orientied. Chinese games seems to be different in a good way.

Even their FPS are different if you look at Bright Memories. that Game feels and plays like an old schooter. Way more fun than the average slow modern shooter.

The chinese also make some nice fantasy rpgs games based on Chinese Mythology.

Are the Sword and Fairy titles stand alone like each Final Fantasy entry or do you need to know the history of the previous 6 to enjoy this? I'd be interested but I can't even find much on the previous games let alone approach them.

Are the Sword and Fairy titles stand alone like each Final Fantasy entry or do you need to know the history of the previous 6 to enjoy this? I'd be interested but I can't even find much on the previous games let alone approach them.
Not sure but I think that the stories from the previous titles might have some connections but I don't think it is necessary to know them to play this title or even the previous ones.
I've played the first one for a few hours and enjoyed it a lot but then I got stuck in a Boss I couldn't defeat and never played it again but I plan to get back at it soon.
The only downside is that the first 5 in the series are all in chinese.
I've used google translator to play this one but it is a little bit boring having to use it constantly to understand the story; other than that everything else is great.

Either way I'm definitely going to play the Sword and Fairy 7 because I enjoyed the demo a lot and this new trailer made me even more excited to play it.

i haven't read it my self but halo 6's plot has apparently leaked.
&
horizon zero dawn 2 has been delayed till 2022. :( i was kinda looking forward to that game.

i haven't read it my self but halo 6's plot has apparently leaked.
&
horizon zero dawn 2 has been delayed till 2022. :( i was kinda looking forward to that game.

The Delay is just a rumor. Neither Jason Schreier nor Jeff Grubb are working for Sony. Both guys were wrong so often their babbling should be taken with a grain of salt.

A delay is possible of course but before the offical confirmation it shouldbe taken as a rumor.

So many news outlets these days take the babbling of internet personalties as gospel. And that is so wrong. Why can't this outlets wait for the offical confirmation from the people that really know?

Trailer for the new Faith of Danschant game.
Another Chinese Rpg that is looking great.
Played the previous one and absolutely loved it; my only major complaint is that it doesn't have English subtitles; but the rest was so great that I played it until the end.

From the looks of it; I would say that it is the new Chinese "God of War" mixed in with Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon.

Last edited:
Trailer for the new Faith of Danschant game.
Another Chinese Rpg that is looking great.
Played the previous one and loved it; my only major complaint is that it doesn't have English subtitles, but the rest was so great that I played it until the end.

From the looks of it; I would say that it is the new Chinese "God of War" mixed in with Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon.
Thanks a lot, @Sergeynest now I have to add another awesome-looking Chinese game to my list lol. I will completely lose it if they create an awesome game based on the Eight Immortals.

Back