Post Your Shenmue Collection

I think you all will get a kick out of these. I found this slide that shows the bay in Dobuita along with many sailors walking the streets. This was in the 50s I believe. Way before Shenmue was released on Dreamcast and probably when it was still being developed for on the Saturn, I picked up these beautiful cuff links at a second hands store. Later would I make the connection that they were from the hospital in Yokosuka after playing Shenmue back in the day. Small world, I am a nurse and had a family come in with their very young children stating they needed a TB skin test. I had never done this before to young kids, so I asked the reason and the dad said they were moving to Japan as he was in the Navy. I asked where and he said Yokosuka! Not a huge surprise because of the base but the dad didn’t know a thing about Yokosuka. Well did I tell them all about it hahaha. I probably won’t get another connection like that ever again even with the 2000 people I’ll see tomorrow for Covid shots.

Hi guys,
I want to share with the display I have made for my Shenmue collection :)

On the shelf there is :
-Shenmue 1 Pal
-Shenmue 1 Jap
-2 Shenmue 2 Pal
-Shenmue I&II Collection Jap
-Shenmue I&II Collection Pix And Love
-Shenmue 3 Kickstarter PC and Ps4
-Shenmue 3 Collection Pix And Love

I Have some other stuff but I Didn't have anymore space on my shelf :D (Shenmue 2X, Shenmue I&II xbox one, Shenmue 3 day one edition, the magazine Shenmue World, book about shenmue ect ....)

Attachments

• Shenmue_collection.jpg
    Shenmue_collection.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 32
  • Collection_Shenmue.jpg
    Collection_Shenmue.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 32
Hey guys,

Just got my "fans for fans" fan and my shenmue world magazine which is AMAZING. I just opened the box 10 minutes ago (l actually tried to do an unboxing but it kinda sucked 😅).
Thank you so much @spud1897 for the magazine and the shipment and Adam Koralik for the fan!

The work in the magazine is fantastic and I can't help it but feel overwhelmed one more time for the love that this community has.
I can't wait to start reading tommorow. The care that James put in shenmue world is beyond anything that I could imagine. It surpassed all expectations.

Congratulations and thank you again James.

Anyways. My new TV shelf :IMG_20210311_213241.jpgIMG_20210311_213932.jpg

IMG_20210311_212950.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Just got my "fans for fans" fan and my shenmue world magazine which is AMAZING. I just opened the box 10 minutes ago (l actually tried to do an unboxing but it kinda sucked 😅).
Thank you so much @spud1897 for the magazine and the shipment and Adam Koralik for the fan!

The work in the magazine is fantastic and I can't help it but feel overwhelmed one more time for the love that this community has.
I can't wait to start reading tommorow. The care that James put in shenmue world is beyond anything that I could imagine. It surpassed all expectations.

Congratulations and thank you again James.

Anyways. My new TV shelf :View attachment 10729View attachment 10730

View attachment 10728
Love the careful placement of the postcards! And thanks for the message :), glad Adam's fan reached you safely too, that took ages! :D

20210720_000217.jpg
20210720_000732.jpg
20210720_000314.jpg
20210720_000342.jpg

Not really into Funko Pops type of figures, but I admit Ryo duck matches well with my other Shenmue collectibles. I'm surprised it is quite detailed, with all the jacket patches, and even the jeans seams. And Ryo pairs perfectly with Kiryu duck, his with a black tub while Ryo's one is white.

I'm envious of some of your guy's collections. I shall post my very small Shenmue collection soon.

I have had the games on Dreamcast a couple of times but ya know life happens and ya lose stuff.

There's also a Brazilian release of the rerelease. It's on Amazon, but I can't find a way to get it.

Back