Post your gaming setup

We are under a week away until release of Shenmue 3, I’m really curious to see people’s gaming setups in preparation.

Post your gaming setups, living rooms, game collections, office setups, PC setups, furniture choices, any other home designs, and portable setups. This thread can be used for anything you want to post related to where you game or where you live.

I’ll start, I have 55" Sony A1E OLED, with PS4 Pro connected to it. Been really enjoying a lot of the HDR content. Have Sony HTCT290 sound bar, which is a compromise when you live in a downtown apartment.

LNZaHNb.jpeg

ptxfG5R.jpeg

5kCvRGs.jpg

67zthsd.jpeg

rufoWQJ.jpeg

Post your setups Shenmue fans!

DC8A7079-ECEF-426E-884D-9C58A5E14461.jpeg

E2D53289-3DAA-4D05-8FDB-0ABFAA4A4494.jpeg
2926C845-AFC4-49E5-B20D-45830103F66D.jpeg

Pretty barebones bachelor setup. Meaning it's small and kinda work in progress (i.e mess) but hey, small apartment....not much room to work with. I guess you could consider it somewhat budget.

55 inch LED-LCD Sony TV

PC (hooked directly to the TV since I have no room for a monitor next to it)...besides, I don't mind PC gaming on my TV anyways and I use my PC for everything media related.

PS4 Pro (used to be underneath the TV but I moved it for better air flow...I was worried about it overheating)

PS2, PS3 and Dreamcast underneath the TV...although I'm thinking about retiring and boxing up the PS2 since PCSX2 runs like a champ on my new PC. I use my laptop or iPad Pro for everything work related now days.

Pair of Edifier Bookshelf Speakers (cheap, but do fill the small space with sound and do sound better than the TV speakers...I'm actually impressed by how decent they are considering the cost of them)

I also have a turn table with another pair of Mackie Reference Speakers that I have the PC plugged into as well not photographed here.

It ain't much, but it does me fine.

And a bunch of random toys/statues (mostly from Persona 4) in the book shelf.

Last edited:
Love it man. Nice set-up.

Here's mine in our spare bedroom.

20191110_133553[1].jpg

20191110_133603[1].jpg

I need to tidy up the wires a little bit lol.

Out of veiw is my shelving with the games on. Currently buried with wedding stuff.

LG 42 inch 4k TV. Various consoles and the gaming PC (ideally needs to be off of the carpet) which I bought this year to get my foot on the ladder but will be doing some gradual upgrades to. The megadrive is run off of an HD retrovision cable and is amazing, I got their adaptor for the Saturn too. Dreamcast is run via an Akura box but I will eventually get the DCHDMI upgrade to go with the GDEMU already in there.

Love it man. Nice set-up.

Here's mine in our spare bedroom.

View attachment 5277

View attachment 5278

Out of veiw is my shelving with the games on. Currently buried with wedding stuff.

LG 42 inch 4k TV. Various consoles and the gaming PC (ideally needs to be off of the carpet) which I bought this year to get my foot on the ladder but will be doing some gradual upgrades to. The megadrive is run off of an HD retrovision cable and is amazing, I got their adaptor for the Saturn too. Dreamcast is run via an Akura box but I will eventually get the DCHDMI upgrade to go with the GDEMU already in there.

I love the Sega love :D

I wish I never gave up my Mega Drive. I have a (broken CD drive) Saturn and Dreamcast....I wish I never gave up the Mega Drive as a kid. Then I would have the holy trifecta.

Oh well, I have a PC and a bunch of emulators to make up for it I guess.

Meaning it's small and kinda work in progress (i.e mess) but hey, small apartment.

One valuable piece of advice I got was to incrementally upgrade individual items as you go along. Also if you live in small space, try to ensure every piece of furniture has storage room to avoid clutter.

I mean you can see evolution in my own setup-

2013 Gaming setup

2015 Gaming setup

PS4 Pro (used to be underneath the TV but I moved it for better air flow...I was worried about it overheating)

My PS4 Pro sounds like a fighter jet when playing most first party software, so last weekend I followed a tutorial and cleaned it and boy does it sound a lot better now.

Cable management is essential in any good functioning setup in my opinion. The good news is there’s plenty of very affordable options to avoid having a birds nest of cables behind your cabinet. Happy to recommend a few options if you’d like.

If it wasn't for Shenmue III, I wouldn't have the TV or sound system I do now. Nor any of the modern consoles.

I assume you mean you upgraded your TV and sound system in preparation for Shenmue 3? What Sony TV model do you have now?

Cable management is essential in any good functioning setup in my opinion. The good news is there’s plenty of very affordable options to avoid having a birds nest of cables behind your cabinet. Happy to recommend a few options if you’d like.

I assume you mean you upgraded your TV and sound system in preparation for Shenmue 3? What Sony TV model do you have now?
Absolutely. It's on the list of things to do.

Yes. I had a tv and sound system that got stolen, but then I was fortunate enough to get a 65xXBR930e. Very good tv.

These shost are from late 2018 but it isn't much different to be fair:
gameshelf18-1.jpg
I'd say the main difference is on the shelf that I hav ea third row oPS4 games and the 2 bottom rows are for Xbox & 360 titles. I have a lot of games sideways above the row of with about 3-4 titles laying ontop where I can. I think I have a good space for 10-15 PS4 game sstill until its rammed full!

GAMINGSHELF2018-2.jpg
As for the unit, my 360 sits on the left side with my PS3, My PS4 Pro is by itself on the right and I packed away my Wii-U & Wii titles. I now have a selection of Mini consoles on the top riht shelf (& My PSTV):
OCTMEG3.jpg

My HDTV is a 32' Samsung 1080P Display - Im pretty content with it. I do have a 43' 4K Toshiba ... ... but it's simply too big for my little sitting area :p

Absolutely. It's on the list of things to do.

I think long term, since you have so many video game consoles you would benefit from getting a segmented TV cabinet. This will help as each console would have more space and you would have dedicated ports to run wires to the back of cabinet. I see a lot of collectors have setups like this. Personally I don’t find cube designs that aesthetically appealing but without knowing layout, design and colour scheme of your room, I would encourage you to look around as there’s plenty of options.

In the interim you can do following;

- Label and organize your cords. Discard any orphan cables not required and label so you understand what cord goes where.
- Be thoughtful about how you trail your cords can makes a huge difference in how neat they look.
- Bare minimum use zip cables and tie all the cords together once organized. Alternatively you can consider cable management sleeves for cords that hang behind a desk or console and cable management boxes that camouflage cords in a hub-like configuration.

That should be enough to get you started. And please ensure your PC does not remain on your carpet!

Yes. I had a tv and sound system that got stolen, but then I was fortunate enough to get a 65xXBR930e. Very good tv.

Nice, I looked at that model before I eventually decided to splurge when I purchased A1E OLED, as the image it produces really blew my mind. I’m always paranoid about image retention but so far I’ve had no issues. Sony really stepped up their game last few years.

I think long term, since you have so many video game consoles you would benefit from getting a segmented TV cabinet. This will help as each console would have more space and you would have dedicated ports to run wires to the back of cabinet. I see a lot of collectors have setups like this. Personally I don’t find cube designs that aesthetically appealing but without knowing layout, design and colour scheme of your room, I would encourage you to look around as there’s plenty of options.

In the interim you can do following;

- Label and organize your cords. Discard any orphan cables not required and label so you understand what cord goes where.
- Be thoughtful about how you trail your cords can makes a huge difference in how neat they look.
- Bare minimum use zip cables and tie all the cords together once organized. Alternatively you can consider cable management sleeves for cords that hang behind a desk or console and cable management boxes that camouflage cords in a hub-like configuration.

That should be enough to get you started. And please ensure your PC does not remain on your carpet!

Nice, I looked at that model before I eventually decided to splurge when I purchased A1E OLED, as the image it produces really blew my mind. I’m always paranoid about image retention but so far I’ve had no issues. Sony really stepped up their game last few years.
When I get everything paid off, I'm going to upgrade to the equivalent. It's gorgeous.

When I get everything paid off, I'm going to upgrade to the equivalent. It's gorgeous.

It really is. As the majority of PS4 games aren’t natively 4K rather utilize some form of checkboard rendering, especially Sony 1st party output. The real game changer for me is good implementation of HDR. I know this model there was complaints it has higher latency than other TV’s, supposedly LG B9 OLED is still king of the hill but honestly I haven’t experienced any issues to date.

Once I (FINALLY) get a CRT (still looking to take my parents' off their hands), I will post mine, as I now have my own dedicated home, with my own dedicated space to set it up as I please.

Will say that what is hooked up, is a 32-inch RCA HDTV (has a VGA port, got it back in 2015), so nothing special there, all-region DVD player, Dreamcast, PS3 (slim, my sister's, as my launch one needs to be reballed, IE not happening) and launch PS4.

All my games, plushes/statues/other memorabilia, wall stuff and shelves are all setup though, so its about 65-75% ready to be shown off :D.

Definitely over Christmas/New Years, I will be buying a bookshelf (or two) to get my videogame books on display (and spread out some of the memorabilia), plus I'm looking to get a cheap but comfortable loveseat/big chair, tiny coffee table and a mini-fridge, to go along with the CRT space and THEN, my gaming room/area will be completely complete.

At that point, I will upload all the pics necessary :D

The final piece to my room/area arrived today, thus the setup is complete!

I will try not to make it a photo-essay, but here we go!

(I took pics clockwise, from the southeast-facing part of my basement, to the dead-on west-facing part)

1592276482590.png

So we have:
- a small, Japanese Sonic Movie flyer (cut off), above my mini-fridge (not pictured)
- my Gamer Lingo poster (predominantly PC-Gaming terms, but a lot apply to all walks)
- my favourite image of my favourite console game, Final Fight (artist unknown)
- my blue, rocking recliner (cut off)
- the videogame meme poster. A completely non-hardcore thing (like the Lingo poster), but it's nice!
- my Azel clock (while it's perfectly visible and works fine, in hindsight, I should've gotten it with white hands)
- Last Bronx poster that was bundled with certain Japanese copies
- A seemingly-unique (at least, I couldn't find it anywhere other than one seller on Amazon) Golden Axe poster, commemorating the first game I ever played.

1592277172400.png

The Mixture of TV/VG Shelf

- Yakuza 0 towel
- Stuff from Japan: Domo, Hard Plastic Doraemon (actually bought it in Calgary, at a Korean supermarket), Happy from Fairy Tail (hidden by Sumo and Doraemon), got the Sumo at the Nagoya tournament in 2016, same with the fans. THe little white guy is a Sega-branded set of headphone, called, IIRC, the Mubot.
- Painted (by my neighbour!) canvas of Doraemon and the only reason I bought Sonic Mania; the statue.
- Collection of videogame books (have more, can't find them :() and my Sonic Chess set.
- All of my TV season DVDs and yes; half are the Simpsons and half are British shows/Supermarionation (Thunderbirds is my favourite show ever and FT is the best sitcom ever).
- Thunderbird 5 Christmas ornament made by... Sega lol.
- Domos, flanking my Dreamcast Keyboard, my Maracas and my Elgato.

Part 2, below...

Last edited:
We've now come to the Saturn/Sega CD portion of my setup:

1592277833310.png

- FF was re-released by Capcom in 2009 or whatever (FF Double Impact) and to commemorate, a soft barrel press kit was given out, with a, "Haggar for Mayor," t-shirt, a cassette soundtrack of the Sega CD version, pins, buttons and more. Next to it is a FF shot glass and a mini-FF Cabinet.
- The rest are a collection of plushes from VF, FV and Last Bronx (well, only Kurosawa is from LB and Honey/Picky are the only ones from FV).

1592278057234.png

- My Akira F4F figure, along with a Sarah, 1/6 PVC and a 1/10 (I think) plastic, bendable statue. The same line as Sarah, but of Akira, next to her.
- My second favourite PVC statue, Poison 1/6. Can't find her handcuffs, sadly.
- NiGHTS F4F, the only non-LE/SE I have. Still lovely.

1592278261363.png

Saturn and Sega CD games:

- Mainly Japanese and a few NTSC-U/PAL games in regular jewel cases, up top (the 3 Sega CD games are all NTSC-U).
- NTSC-U and PAL Saturn games on the bottom, all NTSC-U Sega CD games. Sega Rally PAL is actually Sega Rally 2 PAL, for the Dreamcast and Sonic R PAL, is actually Sonic Jam PAL; I got the games from an indie game store in Newcastle and I didn't bother to look at the discs lol :(. Missing the case for FF (it goes in the Formula One: Beyond the Limit case, with that game). 4 of the Sega CD games here are in my top 10 favourite games ever.
- The first of my Sega Gashapons; the Japanese Saturn

Last edited:
Onto the older stuff...

1592278645378.png

Handhelds, from left to right:

- NGPC, with a great variety of games (all sports titles, both Metal Slugs and Sonic).
- Atari Lynx II, missing 2 of my other games (pictured are KLAX, Cyberball, Chips Challenge and Batman Returns).
- All of my GameGear games and my 2 GameGears; also have the radio tuner, TV Tuner and a battery pack on one of them. Easily my least-played of all Sega platforms and I NEED to play it more!

- Boxed SMS games, my lone SG-1000 title (Flicky) and my loose SMS cartridges, as well as the mini-Mark III gashapon. Mix of NTSC-U and PAL, no Japanese carts.

1592278931642.png

- The only Ninty console I own, the N64; far and away, their most-underrated console.
- My 2 Dreamcast boxes (my painted red/black DC is in there, as well as the crown jewel of my collection...

1592279050284.png

- my boxed, mint-condition SG-1000, that still works perfectly fine!

1592279147720.png

- They kinda don't fit, but a poster for Heavy Metal Geomatrix and a wonderful rendition of the JSR logo.

We've now come to the Saturn/Sega CD portion of my setup:

View attachment 8067

- FF was re-released by Capcom in 2009 or whatever (FF Double Impact) and to commemorate, a soft barrel press kit was given out, with a, "Haggar for Mayor," t-shirt, a cassette soundtrack of the Sega CD version, pins, buttons and more. Next to it is a FF shot glass and a mini-FF Cabinet.
- The rest are a collection of plushes from VF, FV and Last Bronx (well, only Kurosawa is from LB and Honey/Picky are the only ones from FV).

View attachment 8068

- My Akira F4F figure, along with a Sarah, 1/6 PVC and a 1/10 (I think) plastic, bendable statue. The same line as Sarah, but of Akira, next to her.
- My second favourite PVC statue, Poison 1/6. Can't find her handcuffs, sadly.
- Night F4F, the only non-LE/SE I have. Still lovely.

View attachment 8069

Saturn and Sega CD games:

- Mainly Japanese and a few NTSC-U/PAL games in regular jewel cases, up top (the 3 Sega CD games are all NTSC-U).
- NTSC-U and PAL Saturn games on the bottom, all NTSC-U Sega CD games. Sega Rally PAL is actually Sega Rally 2 PAL, for the Dreamcast and Sonic R PAL, is actually Sonic Jam PAL; I got the games from an indie game store in Newcastle and I didn't bother to look at the discs lol :(. Missing the case for FF (it goes in the Formula One: Beyond the Limit case, with that game). 4 of the Sega CD games here are in my top 10 favourite games ever.
- The first of my Sega Gashapons; the Japanese Saturn

THOSE VIRTUA FIGHTER TOYS/STATUES!!!! I WANT!

(nice setup man!)

Back