Poll: Have you purchased the DLC for Shenmue 3?

Have you purchased the DLC for Shenmue 3?

• Yes and I have played it.

Votes: 84 51.2%
  • Yes, but I havenโ€™t played it yet.

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • No, but I plan to buy it in the future.

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • No and I have no intention of buying it.

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • No, but I might buy it in the future.

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
I have.

DLC added 3-5 hours good content to the game which makes it a good dlc imo.(The worst DLCs I've ever saw were the DLCs for Batman Arkham Knight that mostly added 30 minutes gameplay)
I would gladly pay more money for Sega Arcade DLC. Sega has ported some of those games a million times already so they could make an easy extra buck by releasing them here as well.
Imo that's a bad idea.

Because Ys Net has to pay a lot of licensing money to Sega in order to do that.(And when their license expires they have to remove that content from the market.)

Imo that's a bad idea.

Because Ys Net has to pay a lot of licensing money to Sega in order to do that.(And when their license expires they have to remove that content from the market.)
If there was corporate will behind it, it could happen by Sega giving Ys Net right to use some of those games and then receiving X amount of DLC revenue in return.

I doubt it's going to really happen though so it's just a daydream.

People don't want to spend 7 of whatever currency their country has?

Are you all daft? My wife and I live on a fairly strict budget and even I can shell out $19.00 for all three DLCs, for a one-time payment of more Shenmue content.

I absolutely do not want to steer the conversation that way, but again, I question people's fandoms (only when they claim to be a fan and such and such a level) when they don't want to spend a pittance to help the future of the series.

Just don't get it at all...

I enjoy playing it twenty to thirty minutes at a time and it's great to have a more accessible option to the game other than the main campaign itself.

This. I can play the DLC here and there, feel like I need more time when sitting down to play the game itself so it isn't just me doing one job and some buys and training. Enjoying the DLC.

If i buy the DLC, will I nstill be able to buy the Complete Collection in order to get the blazing something advanced technique scroll? Wonder why I can't buy now separately.

I have not even bought the base game yet, much less any extra content for it. I most likely wont be buying S3 unless it can be modded to add extra content and even then only if it goes on Steam, which it should have done by now in the first place.

I think you might be waiting a while. The modders have done a cracking job already but them adding extra content is ott.

It should be on Steam in November unless things change.

So many games allow for modding by the developer or are modded regardless by the community beyond just getting the game to work these days. I was hoping this would be the same way, as I know there are some very passionate people out there for the series and it keeps interest up with the community. I figured this would be the best place to look. I know there was one person (Lan Di was it?) who was modding the Dreamcast version back in the day. Although their version of what modding means may be different from mine... ^^!

People don't want to spend 7 of whatever currency their country has?

Are you all daft? My wife and I live on a fairly strict budget and even I can shell out $19.00 for all three DLCs, for a one-time payment of more Shenmue content.

I absolutely do not want to steer the conversation that way, but again, I question people's fandoms (only when they claim to be a fan and such and such a level) when they don't want to spend a pittance to help the future of the series.

Just don't get it at all...

Maybe someone of us are waiting for a sale on the season pass..Also i only care about the story content not Battle Rally i rather pay for it at a discounted price

But this is what I'm saying; if we all want a Shenmue IV, surely we can all afford a one-time payment at that pittance amount.

Again, if each DLC was $100.00 (or whichever the currency is where you are), you're absolutely correct.

But $7.00? Buy all three and help the series out, I say; it's a pittance.

Only if the DLC is worth it... I am not going to waste money on something that i am not going to play

Waiting to see the story DLC Contains first before dropping the money on it and how Shenmue 3 turned.. I am in no rush to buy up DLC even if it's a kickstarter funded game

I think the first DLC is ok for what it is, they could just add another rose garden and call it a day, they also added a mini quest (that is honestly the only part I still played, kinda gimmicky, but I like just roaming around).
I would have preferred a 1v1 mode, but I don't think S3 fighting lends as well as SII.
But in reality I'm not sure it does fit "Shenmue", I'm not sure how many people actually play Shenmue for the fighting or the gambling.
I like Shenmue for the "Shenmue game" that type of 3d graphic adventure set in a kinda realistic world.
But it was probably the most expensive route (mostly due to having to record new lines and do new animations/cutscenes).

Thought the poll was clear cut in that it would be near 100% that have bought and played.

Very surprised how many haven't. Numbers ain't earth shattering but considering the fact we are all fans here (I am assuming here so apologies if not the case) I am genuinely surprised. Nice poll.

Back