[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

I see people talking about cry babies. Yet the previous months, I witnessed a lot of people on Dojo crying and whining about other backers at every occasions, tracking down any criticism of a game anywhere on the internet to bitch about it, with a thinly veiled platform warring. Those people should reflect on their past months posts instead.

That you don't care is fine. But to mock other Dojo users because you're not impacted is lame. But it goes even beyond that, as I said, it's thinly veiled platform warring.

Well, you could ask for a refund, then buy it when/if it releases on Steam? It's the same thing. If it doesn't release on Steam, and you don't want it on PS4, I suggest just using the Epic store. I think it's a decent client, personally.

Yup, I could. Personnally, it's not a decent client. It's a subpar one. But more than the subpar experience, it's the whole policy of the company I don't want to support. Some people may think it's stupid, it's fine. I also think their blind fanboyism is stupid.

I do chuckle at the fact that for years PC gamers proclaimed themselves the 'master race' and were above the 'pathetic console wars' yet when it happened to them, they turned out to be the biggest, whiniest cry babies of them all.

4K ultrawide monitor $600
Radeon automatic water cooled raytracing circuit board $800
Singular GPU in flashing lights case with hamster powered cooling system $500
Double clicking the EGS icon : nope sorry that's too much

My theory is most are cheapskates who see this as an opportunity to get $29/60/100/200 (however much they backed) back, because they've gotten cold feet and would rather have the option to buy the game later on their terms, at a lower price if they go physical, or just not at all because 4 years have passed and they have moved onto other things and aren't that fussed by Shenmue 3 anymore.

Switched to PS4.
I've always disliked the idea of not having the full game on disc, so this was the natural course for me.
I'm sad that I won't be able to play it on PC the way I like, but I'm not willing to wait another year to play Shenmue 3. I've waited long enough.

exactly, WHY should I want this game to be on EGS?

Because his life is probably empty and it gives him a feeling of self worth to hold this faux moral viewpoint and act upon it while making sure to let people know. He'll grow up one of these days...maybe.. it just takes a bit of common sense from those living normal lives, with normal hardships to realise how pathetic these responses to double clicking on a separate launcher truly are...

Either that or they are childish and easily led and jumped in during the hype of the E3 of dreams not really knowing anything about Shenmue and see this as a way out of their pledge commitments.

Because his life is probably empty and it gives him a feeling of self worth to hold this faux moral viewpoint and act upon it while making sure to let people know. He'll grow up one of these days...maybe.. it just takes a bit of common sense from those living normal lives, with normal hardships to realise how pathetic these responses to double clicking on a separate launcher truly are...

Either that or they are childish and easily led and jumped in during the hype of the E3 of dreams not really knowing anything about Shenmue and see this as a way out of their pledge commitments.
You know your reply is laughable, but I won't start flaming like other people do, sry.

It's kinda funny seeing the anti-EGS taking the moral high ground saying the company is evil or won't support it, while they are more than willing to play Shenmue 3, a game "funded" by EGS.

Damn....
I couldn't have put it better myself man. * 5 stars response. Can I double like this?

It's kinda funny seeing the anti-EGS taking the moral high ground saying the company is evil or won't support it, while they are more than willing to play Shenmue 3, a game "funded" by EGS.
Forcing a "PC launcher exclusive" (which concept is nonsense itself) doesn't meand "to fund", especially since Epic came in shortly before the release date, when the game was basically finished. Kickstarter backers funded this game, 4 years ago.

Backseat Moderating. 1st warning.
Both of you drop this discussion now, passive aggressive or direct this stops now.

Sorry but I don't think that user has been passive agressive. In fact, they're being piled by others because they're seeking a refund. I don't see the "both" here. Since the begining of this thread, it's been other users piling on others. I don't see a "both side" thing here.

Forcing a "PC launcher exclusive" (which concept is nonsense itself) doesn't meand "to fund", especially since Epic came in shortly before the release date, when the game was basically finished. Kickstarter backers funded this game, 4 years ago.

Nah, backers did nothing. It's Epic who saved Shenmue 3 months before release lol.
Anyway, despite some angry people here, that's because of those "non true fans" that this game can be made.

Anyway bros lets move on...
Shenmue3 will be a great game I'm sure. And that will hopefully unite people again.

Lets allow the dust to setle.

Less than 2 months to go! Already got my holiday booked with work and arrangements made. I'll play Tuesday evening when the munchkin is in bed. Then My wife is going to work on the Wednesday and my parent's in law are having my son for the day, so I have all day to play the game by myself. Bliss!

Sorry but I don't think that user has been passive agressive. In fact, they're being piled by others because they're seeking a refund. I don't see the "both" here. Since the begining of this thread, it's been other users piling on others. I don't see a "both side" thing here.
Thank you, glad to see not everybody's blinded by the "fanboyism" and can't analyse the situation beyond the "it's just an .exe matter".

If the following is anything to go by,

then as far as I know EGS basically is the biggest backer of them all and Shenmue 3 development went as far as it did thanks to them, unless you are telling me Yu used all that money for another Ferrari. Now where do they get their refund for all this backlash?

Think what you like but this place isn't turning into a tit for tat whinge fest. Back seat moderating warning btw.

If you've an issue with moderation then speak to @Peter

We're not having anyone being ridiculed for taking a refund that's their right. Equally it's a right not to.

This bickering ends now.

Everyone take a break and chill. Let's not turn this into a thread of "me vs you" etc.

End of day, we all want the same thing, for shenmue 3 to successful. This topic is clearly divisive and everyone has their opinion but let's leave it there. No need to be going at each other constantly.

..when the game was basically finished. Kickstarter backers funded this game, 4 years ago.

... when no distribution platform was mentioned.. your pledge (not a pre-order) was for a PC copy of Shenmue, not a PC steam copy, or EGS, or GOG.... just a copy... And you were happy to hand over your money in the hopes Shenmue would be made... Nothing has changed in that regard... well except the game managed to hit more Kickstarter goals from the extra investment and thus the value of your pledge increased... (How dare they!) I'm sick of repeating that to a certain ilk of people who we all know are just being disingenuous so they can either break their pledge because (cheapskates) or because they are lacking a modicum of common sense and 'move with the herd' so their fragile sense of worth survives... Hell, people are free to keep giving themselves faux moral reach-arounds but how about you do it somewhere else so we aren't subjected to the lunacy... The herd isn't here, they are on Reddit and YouTube... And don't worry mods that's my last word on this.. some people just need to get a grip..

Think what you like but this place isn't turning into a tit for tat whinge fest. Back seat moderating warning btw.

If you've an issue with moderation then speak to @Peter

We're not having anyone being ridiculed for taking a refund that's their right. Equally it's a right not to.

This bickering ends now.

What backseat moderating ? I said that user wasn't piling on everyone ?
They just said "I'll take the refund then". Someone ask them "Why ?" (so it's not like that user was whining or anything) then that person kindly explained why. Then another user pilled on them for stating their reason. Then others followed suit.

Heck, this thread started because I was wondering what negotiation they're talking about and another user just felt the need to pile on me.

I don't see a "us vs them" thing going on. I see something really one sided: Those who don't agree with the outcome are bad people, therefore they should be piled on. I didn't see anyone here calling for the head of YsNet or anything. That some people doesn't care about others people issue is fine. But let's be fair, it sounds like they actually care to the point of attacking them. Yeah, that's a toxic behaviour. No, I'm not backseat modding. I'm not asking for someone to be banned or warned. I'm not telling anyone how to do their job or anything. I'm saying that it's not true. It's not a "both of you stop" situation.

And it's sad because Dojo is a great place to talk about Shenmue with very passionate people. It's just sad and stupid that some people feel like the urge to shit on other people because they don't have the same issues.

Back