[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

Pleasantly surprised how much hype it's receiving in Japan. For some reason I always assumed Shenmue was more of a hit in the west, but it turns out Shenmue 1 actually sold big numbers in Japan. I can't remember the exact figures I read someone post on here before, but it was something crazy like 350k.

Especially with Esra doing the good work of highlighting new Yu Arcade games and Sega homage. That alone will prob sell copies to a diff crowd outside of Shenmue from Yu's arcade legacy.

And PR from industry vets like CDPR, Suda51, Swery, and Koshiro among others were wholesome and welcoming.

Yep. Typed up a few responses but ultimately I realized I'm just bumping the thread to the top of the index so didn't bother.

Everyone should stop replying to people in threads like that and stop bumping them.
You guys are right. Someone just called me a corporate shill for stating the correct fact it’s not news PS4 backers are not getting a refund and that was explained on previous updates. We’re supposed to feel bad for the “protest” switchers now apparently. Well it looks like there’s a system in place for them to get refunds anyway according to Kickstarter.

I'm thinking about changing my physical copy to the PC version from the PS4 version since I also bought the Collector's Edition from LRG and will probably get the Digital Deluxe for PS4 anyway. That way I'll have it on PC, PS4 and possibly get a Steam key in the future.

Yes replying to the refund crusaders is a bit thing. That is the perfect way to keep the topic boiling and that is exactly what these people want. Just ignore them let the people be among their kind. Replying to them makes them think that their opinion matters. If you ignore them they will stop sooner or later. Even the worst troll will give up eventually if they see that nobody cares about the stuff they say.

Why do you want to keep having this argument with people? It’s their money and their choice.

Have to agree. I am not able to get the point about the anti epics. I always put the game before the launcher. If I want to play a game I play it, even if I am not a fan of the platform.

But that is just me. Other people have other standards and I need to respect that. No point to argue with them.

We're looking at ~35 confirmed* refunds on Resetera so far...there are dozens of them! Dozens!

*not really confirmed, just people saying they've done it.
I am reluctant to even believe some of those people. There are some very strange characters in that site that would lie about getting a refund just for the rush of approval. I can already see a couple people breathlessly making posts so they can animate the thread’s corpse and keep the controversy going.

Back