Outcast 2: A New Beginning

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Remember Me (PC)
Steam
amirmoosavi

Been waiting for this sequel for even longer than Shenmue III ;)

Crazy. The first game came out when I was like 11, I think. I remember playing the demo many, many years ago.

Too early to judge the quality of the game as we just saw a in engine trailer or maybe it was even a rendered trailer on super computer.

But I am interested. I really enjoyed the first game back in 99 and was waiting for a sequel since then. If they can copy the flair of the original game it could be a nice game.

Outcast is besides Shenmue the only open world game that really deserves the title open world. you are part of the world und have to interact with the world. You are not just a foreign object in the world like in your average open world game.

The need to learn the language of the world of outcast (adelpha was it called I believe) made Outcast even a bit deaper than Shenmue. You really had to learn the language und the lore of the world to progress. It was really brilliant. The voxel graphic used for the landscape gave the game also a nice touch.

Last edited:
Too early to judge the quality of the game as we just saw a in engine trailer or maybe it was even a rendered trailer on super computer.

But in generel I am interested. I really enjoyed the first game back in 99 an was waiting for a sequel since then. If they can copy the flair of the original game it could be a nice game.

Outcast is besides Shenmue the only open world game that really deserves the title open world. you are part of the world und have to interact with the world. You are not just a foreign object in the world like in your average open world game.

The need to learn the language of the world of outcast (adelpha was it called I believe) made Outcast even a bit deaper then Shenmue. You really had to learn the language und the lore of the world to progress. It was really brilliant. The voxel graphic used for the landscape gave the game also a nice touch.
I read about the game several years ago and was intrigued, but never got to it. Would you recommend playing Outcast 1.1 or Outcast Second Contact? Second Contact seems like the obvious choice, but I know sometimes remasters/remakes lose something along the way.

@ShinChuck I have not played the Second Contact so I cannot say anything about it. But Outcast 1.1 is still fully playable on gog if you can overlook the old graphics and the complex controls. I have not finished Outcast 1.1 yet though. The last time I finished the game was the orginal version in 1999. But got 1.1 on gog on sale to have this game in my collection so far. And the few hours I have played played fine. I will also finish the game a second time when I am done with other gamers.

According to the youtube videos second contact looks alright so maybe starting there would be the more easy way to get into the game.

But of course there is the danger that some important parts of the original were removed or changed as with every remaster or remake.

If you can overlook the old age of the original outcast I would recommend the orginal.

Last edited:
Back