Nvidia remix Shenmue 1 and 2

So i saw the beyond conference today and was wondering if any of you will be modding shenmue 1 and 2 when this comes out/
Would love to replay these games with current gen graphics.

I initially wasn’t sure what you were talking about, but doing some searching I am assuming you are referring to RTX Video Super Resolution?

For those unaware like me-

RTX Video Super Resolution is a new AI upscaling tool from Nvidia, though this one's not intended to make your games look or run any better. It is still going to be pretty handy for gamers though, as it takes regular 1080p videos from your browser and transforms them into 4K.

The new tool uses AI to improve the quality of video streaming for recent Nvidia graphics card owners. It works by removing blocky compression artefacts and then upscaling video resolution—so cleaning the input then blowing it up to the big screen. From Nvidia's videos of the feature so far, it appears the only option is 1080p -> 4K upscaling.

I thought with the PC port you could scale resolution to 4K or am I misremembering?

I think reshade and HD texture packs create a much more noticeable difference than pure AI driven resolution bump.

If someone is going to upload a raytracing render of Shenmue, please use the spoiler option. Some of us are just not prepared for it. I want it to be gentle, the shock, a planned demolition.

No he's specifically talking about RTX Remix

Interesting, thanks for the correction. I will admit I have limited knowledge or understanding of how RTX remasters ray tracing. Has there been any examples shown yet? I am much more interested in this than DLSS for Shenmue.

Portal rtx looks good on steam. Morrowind was shown with up to date graphic assetts.
It should be available in a month from now.
But you wont believe the difference it will make.

Another great example of an old game getting a fantastic new lick of paint thanks to Ray Tracing is Quake:

It's crazy how much of an impact updated lighting has on even 25+ year old games.
Imagine Shenmue 1&2 with proper HD textures and Ray Tracing. It would look amazing.
It's probably the best the originals could look short of a from-scratch remake and I can see the fan community getting it done.

Another great example of an old game getting a fantastic new lick of paint thanks to Ray Tracing is Quake:

It's crazy how much of an impact updated lighting has on even 25+ year old games.
Imagine Shenmue 1&2 with proper HD textures and Ray Tracing. It would look amazing.
It's probably the best the originals could look short of a from-scratch remake and I can see the fan community getting it done.
Yep, Shenmue 1+2 with RTX would be incredible.

Back