NEW YU SUZUKI GAME "AIR TWISTER" ANNOUNCED FOR APPLE ARCADE

When it comes to smartphone titles, there is an impression that it is for casual use, but as mentioned above, this work is as voluminous and responsive as the work for consumers.

Playing many times to learn the appearance pattern of enemies and how to fight with bosses, the HP that can be carried over gradually increases, and the feeling of being able to advance to the next stage is exactly the feeling of capturing an arcade game.

The content and volume are great for everyone from beginners to shooters, so check it out if you like shooting, not only for Apple Arcade registrants, but also for those who haven't subscribed to Apple Arcade yet

Last edited:
This looks good: I appreciate that, in a good sense, it seems not to be taking itself seriously.

One thing I'm interested in (a neutral thing, not a negative): I wonder if we'll find any S3 assets/sounds reused. In the clip (re?)uploaded on the Dojo YT page today, some of the lock on noises sounded like menu sounds, but I may just be losing it in old age.

This looks good: I appreciate that, in a good sense, it seems not to be taking itself seriously.

One thing I'm interested in (a neutral thing, not a negative): I wonder if we'll find any S3 assets/sounds reused. In the clip (re?)uploaded on the Dojo YT page today, some of the lock on noises sounded like menu sounds, but I may just be losing it in old age.
They sound very similar

Honestly the soundtrack is incredible, I can tell just by like 2 of the songs haha. Would buy it without even being able to play the game 😂

Honestly the soundtrack is incredible, I can tell just by like 2 of the songs haha. Would buy it without even being able to play the game 😂
I’m debating ordering it. I feel like it’ll be a pretty nifty rarity someday down the line, and maybe Ys will get a dollar from it ?

I’m debating ordering it. I feel like it’ll be a pretty nifty rarity someday down the line, and maybe Ys will get a dollar from it ?
Just listen to your heart
* Damn now I cant unsee Yu San very happy because hes recieving 1$ coins. Man...

That's for the sequel, is what I'm hearing. Does Air Twister represent a small project for you? And, for whatever you plan on doing next, do you think you will get back to doing something larger in scale?

Yes on both accounts. Small project here, then probably go and move on to a larger one later.

That's for the sequel, is what I'm hearing. Does Air Twister represent a small project for you? And, for whatever you plan on doing next, do you think you will get back to doing something larger in scale?

Yes on both accounts. Small project here, then probably go and move on to a larger one later.

That's kind of cool that the Neverending Story was a source of inspiration. I was obsessed with the films as a kid, although admittedly I haven't seen it in a very long time so no idea if it holds up, outside of childhood nostalgia.

That's kind of cool that the Neverending Story was a source of inspiration. I was obsessed with the films as a kid, although admittedly I haven't seen it in a very long time so no idea if it holds up, outside of childhood nostalgia.
At least Artax death scene still hold up. Did you knew since the start that Fuju was a chinese dragon? I thought he was a dog when kid.

I’ve played it a few times. It’s great. I think you have to play it on an iPhone or an iPad to play it like it’s truly designed. The way the enemies and their attacks move across the screen just seem to correspond naturally with finger strokes. It’s challenging and there are tons of things to unlock. Haven’t played it with a game pad but it seems like it might not work as well.

I looked at the credits and it appears lead programmer is the same as Shenmue 3 and Kid Nocon is the lead artist. Made with UE.

Had a brief play this morning and I like what I've seen.

I'm interested to see how it runs on other Apple Devices. I've got a cheap, Apple TV which is the lowest model that can run it. Runs solidly mind at 30FPS from what I can tell.

Wondering if there's differences between devices.

I can see how this would work on an Ipad as well. Could be addictive.

Wow!!! Not bad at all. Played on my M1 Macbook Air with A Dualshock 4. What a treat. Love the graphics, and the music is oddly wonderful.

I also like that you can gain and switch equipment with your character. This game really is Space Harrier 2, but that is not a bad thing. I think its great that Yu is making other games. It's healthy for himself and I think Shenmue ultimately.

Last edited:
So... What's these story parts that are being talked about? I didn't actually expect this game to have any signicant story stuff.

You know, I had hope for this game because honestly, my favorite part about Shenmue 3 was the racing DLC. Yu works so well in the arcade world.

Back