NEW YU SUZUKI GAME "AIR TWISTER" ANNOUNCED FOR APPLE ARCADE

Full credits. Think you can see the Ys team if you compare to S3 credits. Nice to see Joel move into a role, as well as an apparent promotion for Kid Nocon (that is him, right?). Don’t know anything about Eric Layton Bergen, but dude is a young 30 and working for a living video game development legend. He must be getting one amazing education.

Last edited:
I’ve played it a few times. It’s great. I think you have to play it on an iPhone or an iPad to play it like it’s truly designed.
Im glad that you finally decided to gift yourself a little present. Given your game content sharing rate (thanks) its obvious you're enjoying it.
Just because I know some folks please allow me to point out that you're not promoting Apple products but actually if someone designs a videogame for i.e. IPhone 6 there is some features to be taken in account like resolution. Meaning it has to be designed specifically for those and Android port usually involves a downgrade due the wider range of devices.

I’m playing Air Twister and so far i’m enjoying, so far i finished 6 levels.

I love the fact that we can unlock lots of different things to customize Arch, lots of different things about the lore of the game world, enemies, places, outfits and much more, even the outfits have nice informations about the world of the game.

My character is like this right now.

IMG_4930.jpg
I played touching the screen, to me is not confortable playing this type of game this way, next time i will play with a controller, i think with a controller i will have a more enjoyable experience in relation to this, but so far i’m having fun playing this game.

I’m so glad Yu Suzuki is making new games, i hope we can see more YS NET games this year, and right now i’m optimistic about everything in relation to YS NET and Shenmue. ❤️

This happened to me when I first started playing. Assuming you’re experiencing the same problem, signing into a Game Center account should fix it.
I'm signed in and still experiencing this problem :(

That's kind of cool that the Neverending Story was a source of inspiration. I was obsessed with the films as a kid, although admittedly I haven't seen it in a very long time so no idea if it holds up, outside of childhood nostalgia.
To this day I've somehow never watched that movie. Any time someone mentions it, my first thought is always the bonus stages in Space Harrier.

Had a brief play this morning and I like what I've seen.

I'm interested to see how it runs on other Apple Devices. I've got a cheap, Apple TV which is the lowest model that can run it. Runs solidly mind at 30FPS from what I can tell.

Wondering if there's differences between devices.

I can see how this would work on an Ipad as well. Could be addictive.
I'm interested in the cheapest device I can get that still runs it at 60fps. Of course, I'm assuming it runs at 60fps for higher end devices, but maybe it's just locked 30 across the board.

Yeah speaking to a few others, I think this is actually just how the game is supposed to work. It's like a proper arcade game, you start from the beginning every time.
I think you are right. It's an arcade game, like Space Harrier. Glad to know its a feature and not a bug!

I think you are right. It's an arcade game, like Space Harrier. Glad to know its a feature and not a bug!
Yeah, probably means I will only see a few levels though, I won't sit on my phone for an hour playing a game. I love the game otherwise!

Yeah, probably means I will only see a few levels though, I won't sit on my phone for an hour playing a game. I love the game otherwise!
I feel the same way. It's not ideal. Perhaps we are wrong though because some people on twitter are complaining of the same thing, and others are offering them advice (just turning on Icloud, which is already on for me/you) on how to fix it. NOW I AM CONFUSED.

Saves automatically for me. Not sure what your issue could be.
giphy.gif

I submitted a ticket to support (you can do that through the app store.

Last edited:
As far as i know Air Twister is the type of game that you need to complete the game in one go, to see the ending we need to finish all 12 levels in one go, if we die we have to start from the first level again.

One time i finished 6 levels, on the seventh level I died and had to start from the first level again, but we don't lose all the stars we collected, we can gain new outfits and other things this way.

To me is saving automatically, but i understood that we need to finish the game in one go to see the ending, but i saw the game have lots of different modes, one mode is called Boss Rush, a mode that probably we only fight the bosses of the game, i still need to unlock this mode and the other modes in the game.

This is actually pretty challenging and not at all slow. I couldn't get past the level 4 boss last night.

After gaining stars we can make Princess Arch better, with better health and things like that, so i imagine that with time it will be easier to complete the game.

Right now i did this in relation to get Princess Arch better, we just need to make Princess Arch better with more health, items and things like that, then it will probably be easier to complete the game.

IMG_4931.jpg

Back