New site owners, and a fond farewell...

Peter

Administrator
Hello everyone,

all good things must come to an end, and i will be saying goodbye to the Shenmue Dojo. Just now, ownership of the site was transferred over to your new co-owners @James Brown and @spud1897

James and Matt are a no brainer to pass the site onto, and bring both the experience and passion needed to keep the site going.

It's been coming for a while, and finally i will be moving on, and away from Shenmue. With my mother falling seriously ill the week before the release of Shenmue 3, my life changed, and is very different now compared to what it was a year or more ago. For almost 20 years I've had a great time here, as a member, staff member, and finally owner. But times change, and it feels right to say goodbye now.

I wish the guys and the staff all the best as they move forward, along with the rest of the Shenmue community, to keep up the campaign to get future Shenmue games. I will probably call in down the line, and contribute at some stage, but for now it's a clean break. My life is currently heading in different directions, and it's time to explore where that leads.

Everyone stay safe, and keep the Shenmue love alive.

All the best.

Peter

Thanks a million for all your work over the years. You really changed the dojo for the better. Spud and james are awesome people and will do the site proud.

Best of luck going forward and dont be a stranger. If you ever need a chat or an ear, we're always here. Take care of yourself brother and i hope our paths cross again down the road.

I think I speak for us all when I say thank you for all your efforts over the very storied history of this place. Your work has not only served to move us to getting Shenmue III but also to strengthen this community.

We are always here for you no matter what. Thank you for everything and see you on the other side!

Thanks so much Peter! Already spoken privately, so don't want to repeat myself for the sake of a public farewell. But we go long back, seeing our teenage selves on that Shenmue Dojo Members photos topic, brought back memories of everything we've been through. Those 15 long hard years fighting for this game series. You came and took over the site, and did wonders, and i'll never forget your trust in myself to become part of the team. Me and Spud will do you proud! Take care and speak soon :)

Thank you so much for everything you have done for Shenmue and for this community Peter.
We will miss you. Although I hope this is only goodbye, I wish you all the best in this new start.

By passing the torch to Matt and James, the Dojo is in good hands.
I wish the best to both of you too, guys.

I just wanted to add the energy and enthusiasm @Peter brought to those Shenmue streams, it was a magnet to all Shenmue fans and that passion and love won’t be forgotten anytime soon.

I appreciate all that you’ve done and I hope you won’t remain a stranger.

I entered on the Dojo last year, we didn't get a chance to know each other, about your mother i know this is a really hard situation. :( I lost my mother in 2017 and it was really hard for me. Thanks for everything you did for the Shenmue community, i wish all the best for you and for your family. :giggle:

Matt and James, i wish the best to both of you too.

All the best, Pete. All the best to you and your family. Thanks for all your hard work and effort over the years and making this place welcoming and accommodating to newbies such as myself.

All the best! Hopefully we will continue to see you around from time to time.

Take care and don’t be a stranger!

Very sorry to hear about your mother's health issues, without prying too much I hope everything is ok, it sounds like you're doing the right thing by handing over the reigns so that you can focus on what's really important.

As an owner you've been excellent, your passion for the series and commitment to this community cannot be overstated or repaid so I'll simply say thank you and if there's anything I can ever do to help you out please let me know.

I really hope you'll continue to check in from time to time but I'm confident that the shared experiences and bonds from our community will be something that you'll remember forever.

Take care mate,

:'(

Please do come back if everything is righted; the enthusiasm, passion and hard work you've put forth is exemplary and beyond appreciated by all of us.

All the best going forward and hope luck, health and wealth will be with you and your family.

Banging choices for whom to take over though :D

Thank you for all your hard work and for helping make the Shenmue community a great one! Being a Shenmue fan isn't easy at times, but taking the reigns during one of the most interesting phases in Shenmue history has helped me be a long time lurker to a member where I feel at ease to contribute.

I hope you are proud of what you have achieved.

All the best and please don't be a stranger :)

It won't be the same without you, Peter.
You were a pillar of this community for so long and you worked so hard to make the site what it is today after taking over the reins from Yama, who I also have a lot of respect for.
You were extremely understanding when I had to step down from Mod duties when my grandfather passed away.
So if you need to talk, my DM is always open.
I hope you find time to pop in and say hi now and again and I hope only the best for you in your future.
Stay safe.
Also a big congratulations to James and Spud on taking over from Peter! I couldn't honestly think of two more friendly, genuine and honest people who have such passion for the series to take the forums forward!

Last edited:
Back