New Pokemon game is surprisingly good...

Kodama

Now Loading...
Banned
PSN
Shrooms
XBL
Grampa Gohan
Steam
(BANGS) BASS wub wub
Dreamcast Now
Kodama
This is the most refreshing Pokemon experience I've had since the early 2000s at least. While they did simplify a few things and make the game overall easier, they streamlined so much and made the game faster paced, making everything you do so much more satisfying. Catching pokemon is now fun and rewarding instead of tedious and frustrating, as well as ultimately useless in most cases. Finding pokemon with good IVs is now something you work towards using both skill and determination, instead of blind luck. HMs no longer take move slots. There is just so much to love here and the blind hate it's getting is really sad...

The pokeball plus is amazing in this game. Taking my pokemon to work with my and watching their levels skyrocket when I get home is such a great feeling, way better than the pikachu accessory I had as a kid that would reward me with pure **** It's also a great controller in it's own right for this specific game...

That all said, the game is far from perfect. The cuteness overload of your companion is overwhelming at times. The game is WAY too easy and will stay that way if you take full advantage of the mechanics, you kinda control the difficulty yourself depending on how you play. The control options are limited, internet options are kind of a joke, and you still only have one save(per profile anyways). There is definitely some give and take here, but IMO if this count as a main line pokemon game, it's easily the best since gold/silver... Here's hoping for a Johto DLC!

I got this game for my brother and he's been playing it nonstop since I got him a switch and a Pokemon lets go Eevee, with the Pokeball controller a few days ago. I plan on getting it soon for my switch but from what I have seen/played it's really good, my only big complaint is the capture system I want to fight and weaken my pokemon before catching them, but asides from that I like it.

I got this game for my brother and he's been playing it nonstop since I got him a switch and a Pokemon lets go Eevee, with the Pokeball controller a few days ago. I plan on getting it soon for my switch but from what I have seen/played it's really good, my only big complaint is the capture system I want to fight and weaken my pokemon before catching them, but asides from that I like it.
At least you still have to fight the legendaries to capture them lol

At least you still have to fight the legendaries to capture them lol

Awesome! I haven't played the game yet, I'm getting my copy next pay day lol, but I will be looking forward to it.

but also I most likely won't start playing it through until I unlock everything in Smash since that's dropping in only a few days. How is battling friends or online play in Let's Go?

Awesome! I haven't played the game yet, I'm getting my copy next pay day lol, but I will be looking forward to it.

but also I most likely won't start playing it through until I unlock everything in Smash since that's dropping in only a few days. How is battling friends or online play in Let's Go?
Online play really, really sucks. It's serviceable if you want to fight your friends, or play with people online so long as you have another way to communicate with them, but you need to use the same code at the same time to play together. There's no voice chat or anything on switch, which is really weird. But the other day my buddy called me and we just talked on speakerphone while we traded and battled, it was fun and worked just fine...

Online play really, really sucks. It's serviceable if you want to fight your friends, or play with people online so long as you have another way to communicate with them, but you need to use the same code at the same time to play together. There's no voice chat or anything on switch, which is really weird. But the other day my buddy called me and we just talked on speakerphone while we traded and battled, it was fun and worked just fine...

Yeah the Switch online service totally sucks, since getting a PS4 recently I can 100% see why people are complaining so much. Voice chat is a joke, lobby's for most of the games are a joke, ect. However when it comes to Pokemon my brother just want's to battle me so we will be right next to each other in handheld mode since we each got a Switch , or docked mode or in rooms right next to each other while battling/trading so it sounds like it will work fine for what I want to do.

Back