New Forum Theme & Main site Dark Design

Peter

Administrator
Hi folks,

we have a couple of design updates for you. @LemonHaze has knocked it out of the park today with some serious hard work!

Main Site Dark Theme

The main site could be a little hard on the eyes at times, with the mounts of white space being visible on screen at any given time. Lemon has tweaked it a bit, so that the entire main site is a little darker, and easier to read.

Image 1.png

Shenmue Dojo Retro Forum Theme

If anyone missed the 2010 style of the Shenmue Dojo, well you are in luck! We have painfully recreated the style in Xenforo, using original assets and colour schemes. It wont be exactly the same as the old phpBB boards, but we have tried our best to add a touch of nostalgia to the new theme.

image 2.png

Desktop View

Use this.png

To activate the theme, scroll down to the very bottom of the forum main page. There you will see, "Shenmue Dojo Themes". Clicking that will present you with your options of themes, including the redesigned theme from our relaunch last year, as well as the new retro theme.

image 4.png

Thanks so much to @LemonHaze for all of his amazing work!!!

Hope everyone likes it, I'm not much of a designer, but I done my best :)
Thank you so much for bringing back the old theme I created in 2010. I still remember the time and place when creating that theme, the nostalgia runs deep. When Peter surprised me with that I couldn’t feel more thankful. ❤

Fun fact, the entire theme was built around Guilin at the time to keep the future of the game relevant and hopeful. And now here we are, weeks away from release. Amazing how things come full circle.

Back