My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

Capture d’écran (557).png
New Fighting system

the game will be in 3D when exploring the open world, but the game will switch to a 2.5D Beat Em Up (when you encounter an enemy or during quests, work in progress, the game will have day/night cycle with random weather system, you will be able to visit every building because every building has a purpose (bar, arcade, bowling, store, cabaret club, school, hospital, police station and so on…) Capture d’écran (614).pngCapture d’écran (615).pngCapture d’écran (616).pngCapture d’écran (617).png

Last edited:
the game will be in 3D when exploring the open world, but the game will switch to a 2.5D Beat Em Up (when you encounter an enemy or during quests, work in progress, the game will have day/night cycle with random weather system, you will be able to visit every building because every building has a purpose (bar, arcade, bowling, store, cabaret club, school, hospital, police station and so on…) View attachment 17132View attachment 17133View attachment 17134View attachment 17135
Can definitely see the Shenmue influence with the world there. Cracking job

Can definitely see the Shenmue influence with the world there. Cracking job
Thanks @spud1897 , yes, Shenmue was a big inspiration, some of the game mechanics are inspired by Shenmue as well, I'll be releasing a demo on steam soon.

Words cannot express how awesome your project looks Kenzo! Like @spud1897 said, there are Shenmue vibes all over the game and that is what we're all looking forward to the most. I really dig Yamazaki's stance and the graphics are superb. Super excited to try the demo, which will release shortly like you said. Once again nicely done, nicely done indeed!

Words cannot express how awesome your project looks Kenzo! Like @spud1897 said, there are Shenmue vibes all over the game and that is what we're all looking forward to the most. I really dig Yamazaki's stance and the graphics are superb. Super excited to try the demo, which will release shortly like you said. Once again nicely done, nicely done indeed!
thanks for the kind words @Shansun95 i'm glad you like it, Yes, the concept of the game was to make a mix between shenmue and yakuza (with a fighting system like the beat em up of the 90s but modernized).

FIRST LOOK at the 3D exploration (very unfinished) (new traffic system, new cloth/hair physics, NPCs facial animation) also NPCs will not be generic and will not be randomly generated, each NPC will be unique and will have a life routine, a bit like in Shenmue.

Last edited:
You should release demo tomorrow. Look:
"On Monday, Oh Mon Dieu.."
I wish i could, i need to polish the game a little bit more before releasing the demo it should be available very soon

1st picture is a preview of the random enemy encounter system, I'll show it in more detail very soon. 2nd picture is the official logo of Kaito Yamazaki's gang.Capture d’écran (674).pngCapture d’écran (681).png

Day/night cycle is done, the video has been sped up to almost 2000% 1 Day in Game = 1h In Real Life so some animations/lighting transitions may look a bit off in the video

I am seeking testers for a private demo of my game. The demo will include the following features:

• An interactive and complete city of Kamagaski
  • The beginning of the first chapter of the game's story
  • Visible locations and mini-games, such as bowling, an arcade room, the cherry tomato mart (convenience store), and a strip club called Kamagasaki Blue Club
  • A random encounter system with enemies similar to those found in the Yakuza series
  • Dialogues with some non-playable characters
  • The House of Kaito and the hospital
  • The fighting system
  • A real-time day-night cycle
However, the following features will not be available in the demo:

• Other cities in the game
  • A pawnshop
  • Karaoke
  • A cabaret club
  • A clothing store and locker room
  • Kaito's smart TV (which will be available at the pawnshop)
  • An illegal gambling hall
  • A dynamic weather system
  • Dojo Training (and level up stats)
  • Jobs
  • No side quest
The purpose of this demo is to gather suggestions and opinions to improve the game before releasing it to the public. Please note that the game is not yet final and may have some limitations, such as requiring a decent PC to run and potentially having bugs. If you make a video of the demo, please mention that the game is not final. If you want to try the demo, please leave me a message. The demo should be ready very soon. Thanks everyone for following the development of the game since the prototype stage.

Last edited:
I am seeking testers for a private demo of my game. The demo will include the following features:

• An interactive and complete city of Kamagaski
  • The beginning of the first chapter of the game's story
  • Visible locations and mini-games, such as bowling, an arcade room, the cherry tomato mart (convenience store), and a strip club called Kamagasaki Blue Club
  • A random encounter system with enemies similar to those found in the Yakuza series
  • Dialogues with some non-playable characters
  • The House of Kaito and the hospital
  • The fighting system
  • A real-time day-night cycle
However, the following features will not be available in the demo:

• Other cities in the game
  • A pawnshop
  • Karaoke
  • A cabaret club
  • A clothing store and locker room
  • Kaito's smart TV (which will be available at the pawnshop)
  • An illegal gambling hall
  • A dynamic weather system
  • Dojo Training (and level up stats)
  • Jobs
  • No side quest
The purpose of this demo is to gather suggestions and opinions to improve the game before releasing it to the public. Please note that the game is not yet final and may have some limitations, such as requiring a decent PC to run and potentially having bugs. If you make a video of the demo, please mention that the game is not final. If you want to try the demo, please leave me a message. The demo should be ready very soon. Thanks everyone for following the development of the game since the prototype stage.
Im up for it. DM me when the demo is ready

Back