My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

Sunrise at Tokimeki Beach (Tannowa Beach), Osaka, Japan.

Capture d’écran (454).png

loong time since I've visited the board. Nice to see this project is coming together well. keep it up and us updated. A beta demo anytime soon? It
ll be good for getting tweaking feedbacks.
Yes probably at the end of this year the game still need a lot of work right now its not fully playable.

Showcase of the fighting style “Street Brawler”. Now I have to work on the remaining fighting styles, “capoeira” and “beast”.

Hi everyone, I wanted to tell you about the different improvements of the game that I worked on these last months.

The combat system:
You can now throw your weapons at enemies.
You can also juggle with the enemies, which greatly improves the different combo possibilities.

Graphics:
almost everything has been improved, the sky and weather system, the reflections, the light, the shaders etc... Textures have been upscaled and 3D models of some interiors have been changed to much more detailed 3D models.

I made a new trailer to show all the improvements and to announce that the game will also be available on iircade, but keep in mind that the game is still in early development.

the prototyping of my game is finished. i know what needs to be changed in the final product. here is the first image of the 3D view in free roam mode.Capture d’écran (487).png

the prototyping of my game is finished. i know what needs to be changed in the final product. here is the first image of the 3D view in free roam mode.View attachment 16509
It's looking better and better with every post! Obviously you had been "taken" by your project. The lightning effect on 2nd pic evokes me the "american night" so common in 80s movies and its already pressing my nostalgia button. Really well done, sir.

It's looking better and better with every post! Obviously you had been "taken" by your project. The lightning effect on 2nd pic evokes me the "american night" so common in 80s movies and its already pressing my nostalgia button. Really well done, sir.
Thanks man, i hope every yakuza/shenmue fans will like this game

Buddy, your project is indeed getting better with every update, pic and video. I do have a question about the free roam mode: will we be able to ride bikes and cars around the map?

Buddy, your project is indeed getting better with every update, pic and video. I do have a question about the free roam mode: will we be able to ride bikes and cars around the map?
I don't really know yet because I want it to be like Shenmue and Yakuza where you have to take public transportation to get to your destination.

Clothing store, facial animations and new characters art style showcase. (unfinished)

Clothing store, facial animations and new characters art style showcase. (unfinished)
This looks great. I miss the old player model, but the character customization is awesome. My only feedback would be shadows - there doesn't seem to be a lot of shadows on walls or around objects. Good luck with the game, I wish listed it and am excited to see it progress. (y)(y)

This looks great. I miss the old player model, but the character customization is awesome. My only feedback would be shadows - there doesn't seem to be a lot of shadows on walls or around objects. Good luck with the game, I wish listed it and am excited to see it progress. (y)(y)
Thank you so much @c0bbo . I made the clothing store 3d model in less than 20 minutes, only to show the character customization so that's the reason why the clothing store doesn't look very good yet but it will looks much better very soon.

I've watched the videos in this thread and I really like the soundtrack too. Did you compose it yourself
No, some of them have been composed by other artists for the game's ost, there is some copyright free musics too. Most of the OST are not in these videos, but what I can tell you is that if you like anime music, Japanese music (like the one from Shenmue for example) and lofi/triphop music, then you will love the soundtrack of the game. (sorry for my bad english i hope you will understand me)

Back