My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

Thank you so much, my friend. Lately, I've been struggling with negative thoughts and was on the verge of giving up on the project due to the UI being hard-coded into the game, making it difficult to alter. However, I managed to find a solution and was able to change everything.
I'm glad that you managed to edit UI, specially because you used a creative way of yours to climb that wall.

Looks great man 👍

Just curious, and I might have gotten the wrong person, but didn't you start a shenmue 3.5 project where you played as ryo? Sure I remember seeing some vids of that

Looks great man 👍

Just curious, and I might have gotten the wrong person, but didn't you start a shenmue 3.5 project where you played as ryo? Sure I remember seeing some vids of that
Yes, I was the one who worked on the Shenmue 2.5 project when I had little experience. The project is not cancelled; on the contrary, I will incorporate some of the mechanics of this game to create the Shenmue fan game (Shenmue Boat Chapter), now that I have gained more experience.

Last edited:
I really like the misc improvements you're making. It is important to know that nowadays people can be very "strict" when it comes to such details. Also, sorry if I didn't manage to reply any sooner, as I too have had a pretty turbulent few weeks and sorry to hear about the stress you were going through Kenzo! I am however very pleased that you're making excellent progress. Keep it up!

I really like the misc improvements you're making. It is important to know that nowadays people can be very "strict" when it comes to such details. Also, sorry if I didn't manage to reply any sooner, as I too have had a pretty turbulent few weeks and sorry to hear about the stress you were going through Kenzo! I am however very pleased that you're making excellent progress. Keep it up!
Hoping turbulence is down atm. Now, to celebrate the good times❤️

Kaito was originally designed to be bald with a backwards cap and sunglasses all the time, but now you can even add hair and remove the headwear. everyting can be customized now
Capture d’écran (973).pngCapture d’écran (975).pngCapture d’écran (971).png

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (974).png
    Capture d’écran (974).png
    3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
In "Hood Story: Kaito Yamazaki", you've got a bunch of ways to make some dough. You can work a part-time gig to earn a clean wage, or if you're more of the tough type, you can beat up some rival gang guys and swipe their cash. Otherwise, if you're into taking risks, you can always try betting your money in not-exactly-legal games, like street pachinko, also known as "lucky hit👀".
Capture d’écran (1015).png

Hey guys, as you might've noticed, I've thrown in some game mechanics and easter eggs that are pretty much ripped from Shenmue and Yakuza, but mainly Shenmue. Most of them, I've taken from the fan game I made a couple years back. What do you think, though? Was it a good idea or should I ditch 'em and only add unique stuff to the game?

Hey guys, as you might've noticed, I've thrown in some game mechanics and easter eggs that are pretty much ripped from Shenmue and Yakuza, but mainly Shenmue. Most of them, I've taken from the fan game I made a couple years back. What do you think, though? Was it a good idea or should I ditch 'em and only add unique stuff to the game?
Imho everything has to be according to a previous, exhaustive, tedious and secretive plan. That leaves small space for improvisation but every accomplishment makes imo far more sense and personal joy. It depends on the person, some are really efficient under high stress.
BUT your desitions so far has been very good and with a sense of what could belong to that digital world. I can't feel the "is getting bloated" yet.
I'm happy that you included clothes that I could wear in real life too, because the very early prototype... Mon mere!😉

I've added a few more graphic options to the game. One of them is ray-traced reflection. It's screen space-based, so even low-end PCs can activate it.
Capture d’écran (1047).png

Screen Space ray tracing ON:
Capture d’écran (1059).png

Screen Space ray tracing OFF:
Capture d’écran (1060).png

Last edited:
Back