Miao Village is the home village of Ziming and Xiuying?

XiuyingZiming2.jpg

The Shenmue Series have many interesting and mysterious details, to me one of these mysteries is if Xiuying and Ziming lived in Miao Village, if Miao Village is the home village of Ziming and Xiuying, today i will share my opinions about this subject.

This post have spoilers

In Shenmue II we saw that Ziming Hong is the brother of Xiuying Hong, their parents were killed by someone, we don't know who killed their parents, Xiuying and Ziming were both orphaned as children because their parents were murdered. After that they stayed at an orphanage, an orphanage where Fangmei Xun would eventually stay as well. Xiuying and Ziming also grew up in the Thousand White Convent in the Thousand white Building in Kowloon.

Ziming is similar to Ryo so Ziming decided to go to the path of revenge, Ziming's plan was to join the Chi You Men, Ziming believed the organization would know who was responsible for the murder of his parents, Ziming decided to leave Xiuying, Ziming decided to go away, when this happened where were Ziming and Xiuying? this place is in Kowloon or near Miao Village? we don't know where is this place.

When Miao Village would fit in Ziming and Xiuying story? i want to share my thoughts about that.

EuGSEmQXcAE69vq.jpg

When Ryo say goodbye to Xiuying we see a flashback between Ziming and Xiuying where the characters are in a house, after Switch analysis about this house and Miao Village we can imagine that in one part of the story Xiuying and Ziming lived in this house, and that this house is in Miao Village. To see Switch's analysis about this go here >>>>>> https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2022/04/part-three-secret-of-miao-village-house.html

In the house we can see an outfit that some people in the village use, and the house is similar to the houses we see in the pictures of Miao Village, also as far as i know Miao Village is near Hong Kong so it makes sense.

House.jpg

The image on the left is an art of Ziming and Xiuying, this art is not in the game. In this art we can see a place that it looks like a village, with a lot of nature surrounding them and a house similar to the houses in Miao Village, also Ziming is leaning his hand on what looks like another house, I'm not sure about that but that's what it looks like to me, to me this place is Miao Village.

The image on the right is the photograph that Xiuying have in the game, we can see that Ziming and Xiuying are doing the same pose as the image on the left, but the place in the photograph looks different, maybe this place is in Kowloon, i'm not sure but it feels different to me, and Ziming is leaning his hand on what looks like a tree. Yu Suzuki and the team decided to cut Miao Village of Shenmue II so is interesting these differences, but i really don't know where are Ziming and Xiuying on the photograph on the right image, maybe Miao Village, maybe Kowloon, i really don't know.

Where are Ziming and Xiuying in both images? share your opinion in the comments below

Ziming and Xiuying.jpg

This image is one of the parts of Chapter 3 of the manga Shenmue Side Story, the name of the chapter is Chapter 3: Xiuying & Ziming.

In this part we can see Xiuying training and Ziming watching Xiuying. We can see that this place have lots of nature, really looks like Ziming and Xiuying are in a village, and it looks like this place is the same place that we can see in the other image, the image that we can see a house, to me this place is Miao Village.

XiuyingZiming.jpg

Final Thoughts

In my opinion Miao Village is the home village of Ziming and Xiuying. I think Ziming and Xiuying were born in Miao Village. Ziming and Xiuying probably lived in Miao Village with their parents, after their parents were killed they went to the orphanage and the Thousand White convent in Kowloon, but i think that from time to time Xiuying and Ziming visited Miao Village to see their home village, to see their house, to train in the village and much more.

After some time Ziming decided to go away and pursue revenge, maybe from time to time Xiuying still visit Miao Village. To me is interesting to imagine this way, all i know is that i will put Miao Village in my Shenmue Books series project, i will put Miao Village in the second book.

These are my thoughts about if Ziming and Xiuying lived in Miao Village, Ziming and Xiuying were born in Miao Village? Miao Village is the home village of Ziming and Xiuying? what are your thoughts about this subject? share your thoughts in the comments below. Thank you all for reading, and remember to keep friends... those you love... close to you, see you all in my next blog post, bye bye. ~

ZimingandXiuying..jpg

Last edited:
I really don't know where are Ziming and Xiuying on the photograph on the right image, maybe Miao Village, maybe Kowloon, i really don't know.
Where are Ziming and Xiuying in both images? share your opinion in the comments below

View attachment 16522
Left: Miao Village.
Right: South Carmain Qr, Lotus Park (not too far from path to village as per Switch's analysis)

South Carmain Qr Lotus Park is a good guess about the place in the photograph, thanks for the comment.

Back