Maximising money at the start of Shenmue II without selling capsule toys

iyapol

Dried Fish or Fried Tofu?
Does anyone have any tips? I presume you'd have to buy as many Zippos (not Zuppos!) as you can and sell them at a pawn shop? If so, which pawn shop offers the best rates?

Last edited:
Buy Jackal and Scorpion Zippos from the first stand ($50 each) and sell them at Golden Flower Pawnshop ($35 each).

Kowloon Pawnshop actually is the best for Zippos. Great View only is good for the Gems. I save those for when i need cash to enter the scout's street fights. Years ago I made my own custom list of the best spots. if i'm lucky enough to have gotten both Dural Gold and Kids Dural C, then it is Accounts Settled at $900. If short both or one of those, then Wise Men's or Kowloon for "Complete" collection at $750.

The last consolation prize would be "Team" + "Kids" + "VF2" collections for a grand total of $515. Cannot recall difference between Team and Complete collection. Pretty sure "Team" is more common toys if you're short both Gold and Kids Clear; whereas Complete is short of only Clear?

Years ago I made my own custom list of the best spots.

I did this twice. I got so bored in the end that I don't think I ever made it to the bit where the bag gets stolen. Then again I did have far too much money from the groundhog day glitch.

Where you can repeat the same workday over and over by going a different route. I was stuck on it for weeks when I first played it... :cautious:

Oh, i do that on purpose and theres another workday--maybe two--that can be repeated. Misinterpreted your meaning being there's a Shenmue 2 exclusive glitch on February 2nd 1987. Tough enough with how slow I like to take Shenmue plus all the extra work days to cash in on toy capsules etc; barely able to do the Famgei bday sidequest since back in 2003/4 when 2x was still new.

I was also stuck on it for awhile, too. Didn't even notice a pattern or which route I took to pass to the next story day until a few play-throughs haha. Read somewhere the Japane version does not have this glitch? If so, I theorize the multiple days you can avoid advancing the plot, were introduced purposefully-on-accident. CONSPIRACY

Oh, i do that on purpose and theres another workday--maybe two--that can be repeated.

The only workday that can't be repeated is the first; the others can all be repeated indefinitely (... well, up to April 15th anyway).

Read somewhere the Japane version does not have this glitch?

Wherever you read that was wrong, then. :D

Back