Judgement Series

Well no retailer in my area has it available, despite having pre-ordered it (which is the entire ******* point of a goddamn pre-order), so I don't know when I'll be playing it now.

Complete horseshit.

Not sure if it will still be a series as Yagami's face can't be used for future games. More importantly, the number one guy behind Judgement and Yakuza, Nagoshi, is no longer with Sega. No idea what Sega is doing anymore, but anyway, the games are solid. It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:
Nagosh took a picture with the main scenario guy though; the rumours that he was jumping to China haven't been confirmed, have they?

Haven't heard of him officially signing the papers with the other company as of yet, but with him being demoted in Sega I'd be surprised if he stayed any longer he has to.

Ok, apparently I underestimated the first game. I'm on chapter 6 now and stuff keeps unlocking as being able to do. I'm probably 12-13 hours in. 😐

Really enjoying the game so far and it actually feels like a modern version of Shenmue in many ways. Obviously not exact but they have many parallels. I'll eventually buy the sequel. Not sure when but it's on my list of must buys.

Well I'm playing it, and wow, the QTE on the skateboard! These chase QTEs. It's all so Shenmue 1

Truck_1_0_1_ even if combat is simplistic compared to even S3. Still it works and it's fun. I want Lost Judgement next. the whole detective thing, I loved L.A. Noir. This is like it, but not like it either. It's just one cool game.​

Ok, apparently I underestimated the first game. I'm on chapter 6 now and stuff keeps unlocking as being able to do. I'm probably 12-13 hours in. 😐

Really enjoying the game so far and it actually feels like a modern version of Shenmue in many ways. Obviously not exact but they have many parallels. I'll eventually buy the sequel. Not sure when but it's on my list of must buys.
Same feeling man, same feeling. Now I get why they'd not support Suzuki. If they had the brains, they'd hire him back to put him in credits, and let him use some of his S3 ideas that are great. Oh well they are using his work all over the place unlike Yakuza 1, and it shows big time. I'd think he should benefit.

Been playing LJ for work and have to say I’m really enjoying it. It’s not without its flaws though, many of which demonstrate why exactly a modern-day Shenmue game is destined to fail.

Still on the first chapter (started last night) and knocking out as much of Kamurocho as I can (in terms of arcades and batting), as I'm not sure when I'll be back there.

I was one of the few who loved tailing and I really like the new additions to it! Especially funny when Yagami just looks around on the ground :LOL: There don't appear to be any fights on the street however, so I can't get food yet :(

Also still in Chapter one, just building up some cash and SP. Should get the arcade trophy to pop soon and the damn theme song is stuck in my head lol. I still don't think it's one of the better ones in the series, but it's an earworm.

I'm in Chapter 2 doing the Dance Club...I'm sorry there was a main story in this game? ;)

I don't know how much of the side stuff I'll do considering it all seems a bit long in the tooth, but I'll try to do some stuff. The dace club has been pretty fun thus far.

I'm in Chapter 2 doing the Dance Club...I'm sorry there was a main story in this game? ;)

I don't know how much of the side stuff I'll do considering it all seems a bit long in the tooth, but I'll try to do some stuff. The dace club has been pretty fun thus far.
There’s a point where you need to raise Tak’s appeal to level 2 which can only be done by replaying old dances and effectively locks players out of 7 of the school side cases. I didn’t realize this until starting the final chapter and so have since spent at least ten hours straight going through them all ahead of actually finishing the game. As is tradition for RGG games, the amount of side activities in LJ is a little ridiculous.

While I do, for the most part, love the implementation of side cases though, I have found some of the school stuff to be incredibly repetitive this time around. The
Motorcycle Gang
stuff in particular felt way longer than it needed to be. The same could probably be said of the
boxing
stuff too, although as I found that to be a lot more enjoyable, that wasn’t so much of an issue.

Lost Judgment first week sales numbers for Japan are around 145.000 copies.
(1st place in the charts)
Judgment had around 148.000
So pretty reliable fanbase i guess

Lost Judgment was also 4th place in the UK charts (physical),
90% of the weeks sales came from a Sony platform, 62% from the PS5.

Germany first week sales charts - 1st place on Xbox, 2nd place on PS5, 4th place on PS4.

Last edited:
There’s a point where you need to raise Tak’s appeal to level 2 which can only be done by replaying old dances and effectively locks players out of 7 of the school side cases. I didn’t realize this until starting the final chapter and so have since spent at least ten hours straight going through them all ahead of actually finishing the game. As is tradition for RGG games, the amount of side activities in LJ is a little ridiculous.

So, if I'm reading correctly, if you DON'T raise appeal, you are locked out, correct?

What chapter does this have to be done by? I'm still in 1 (couldn't play at all yesterday, as I went fishing {a new National Holiday} and the Bengals played at night), so I just want to make sure!

Thank you :)

I did like all of the school and side activities until it said that the next content is locked,
then i moved on to the next activity / school story path, did everything until it said that the content is locked,
moved on to the next activity / school story path
and so on and so on. So step by step by doing that i reached level 3-5 in all of the four categories
and i didnt really farm anything. I did every training mission / challenge (difficulty levels)
and every scripted event once and it worked fine.

I'm still in chapter 3. 23 hours, literally 14-15 hours of it was school content.
I didnt do any main story mission in this chapter.

So, if I'm reading correctly, if you DON'T raise appeal, you are locked out, correct?

What chapter does this have to be done by? I'm still in 1 (couldn't play at all yesterday, as I went fishing {a new National Holiday} and the Bengals played at night), so I just want to make sure!

Thank you :)
You’re never really locked out of anything. You just won’t be able to begin certain school activities until hitting certain leadership stats in others. This can be done right up to the final point of no return in the final chapter, although some tasks require you to do things at certain times in the day/night ‘cycle’, so it’s best to tackle them before the first PoNR warning.

It’s not really a big deal either way, as they can also be completed in premium adventure after completing the main story.

Had this game since launch and I can't believe all the content that is at your fingertips. I've largely done a large majority of the school stuff and have complete the dance club, motorcycle gang, skateboarding gang, boxing, and esports. I just suck at the robot part right now. The boxing game is pretty easy when you know how to stick and move, etc. The side content is sure very addicting.

I find it interesting that the game explores the youth of Japan, which is obviously an opposite take of the explored social issue of the first game, the elderly of Japan. It demonstrates the realities of these issues in a dramatic and educational sense that makes it relatable to all audiences.

I also did the upgrades to the combat style. Still too simple for me, but very fun to play around with.

By the way, is the EX-action of a guy being taken by a yakuza in their car still featured in this sequel? That was my favorite from the first game.

I also enjoy Hiroshi Tamaki as Souma. I best know him as Chiaki in Nodame Cantabile, but he works fine as a villain.

Back