Japanese VO, English Subtitles

PSN
ProjektH8
I'm curious if anyone knows whether the English subtitles associated with the Japanese VO will be their own separate script, or if they'll just use the captions from the English script. It's not a huge deal either way, but since there are some translation errors with the original English script it would be nice to get a newly translated version for the subtitles here.

Again, not a big deal. Just curious.

Hmm not sure.

I know in Shenmue 2 on the Xbox they changed some lines for the English version. I preferred the DC versions script actually.

I raised the same question in the recent topic about what language people will chose. I've been thinking about it for a while.

Shenmue II on Xbox is a good example. Small bits here and there have been changed. Funny enough more so that they match the subtitles that the Japanese dub already had. I remember there were a bunch of replys among the huge amoung of Fangmei talk where is didn't match and was just a generic "yeah".

Sometimes there is nothing you can do about these things. In the Japanese context an answer could be used for multiple things while in English it only makes sense in on, for example.

Again, there were some pretty glaring issues in the Undub with NPCs where things didn't match the order at all anymore.
They definately have to put some extra effort into I&II in order to clean this up for Shenmue. Shenmue II wasn't so bad overall.
Hope they have.

Back