Iwao and Lan Di

Looking back, I find myself wishing that we could have seen the beginning of the confrontation between Lan Di and Iwao. When Ryo (and us) get there, Lan Di is already getting impatient with Iwao, demanding the mirror and all. I would have liked to see the start of that conversation. Any thoughts?

It could be an interesting flashback scene when Ryo and Lan Di come face to face.

Though Lan Di was hellbent on vengeance so he may have got impatient quickly and knew Iwao wouldn't back down. I'd like to know more about how Lan Di tracked Iwao down. How he knew he had the mirror etc.

I guess that's one the things why the game worked in the first place. The game is already going once we as players get to it. All the weird references, etc. It's really powerful scene to me. It's burned into my brain. :sneaky:

So, I'd guess--at least hope--what we did not see contains pieces of information that we should not know yet. But who knows, could be just an illusion too.

That said, would be interesting to see a flashback to this scene in SIII+ and reveal something about what's happening at the present. Show how Shenmue's story is still what it was meant to be after all these years.

Back