Is there a save editor, cheat engine db, or trainer that gives faster/instant move mastery and a complete collection?

Back when Shenmue 1 came out, I tirelessly mapped out a way to beat the game with 100% of everything (not an easy feat, as I'm sure you all know, took 4-5 playthroughs to manage everything in one go before time ran out). All hidden/optional moves discovered and learned, ALL moves mastered 100%, 100% of the collectables collected, hell, I even had all the top scores on the minigames. I had my 100% save file all ready to transfer to Shenmue 2 when it came out, for whatever bonuses they unlocked.

I was devastated when Shenmue 2 didn't come out on Dreamcast in NA; and a few years later, when I got a Shenmue 2 EU Dreamcast import, I never managed to get my save converted (and subsequently never played Shenmue 2...).

now that I have the Shenmue 1 &2 HD remaster on PC, I don't want to have to go through all of that again. I just want to blast through Shenmue 1 to remember the story, then take my time playing Shenmue 2 for the first time; but I want to play Shenmue 2 with all the stuff I earned with my hard work 20ish years ago.

So I'm basically looking for any easy way to master all my skills and complete my collection in Shenmue 1, even if all that ends up being is downloading someone else's 100% complete Shenmue 1 save.

Is anyone aware of a Shenmue 1 PC save editor, cheat engine database, trainer, or any other type of cheat that would help me in this? Thanks for the help!

I've yet to find anything...

MrAntiFun does a lot of trainers, maybe go to his forum and request something, he might hopefully make it. I know he's already made one for Shenmue I & II so he could just update the trainer with this added. Hope this helps and good luck in finding one. :)

There was a 100% complete save file in shenmue steam forum

Here found it. Credits to Ginormagantuan

About trainer you can find some in google but I have not try them yet so can't recommend. But know you can change time with it.

Last edited:
gamecopywrold.eu has some, but you would need Ublock for that website though and secondly, there is no 1.07 trainer.

MiscTools is probably the best trainer you can get for the re-releases right now. I haven't added anything like skills or whatever, but that could be easily done I guess. Also editing the save file is pretty easy.

MiscTools is probably the best trainer you can get for the re-releases right now. I haven't added anything like skills or whatever, but that could be easily done I guess. Also editing the save file is pretty easy.
That tool is very interesting.

Can you modify time like going back in time? or be able to walk around Doubuita around 5 am ?
I read that you can see sunrise in Shenmue and that is very beautiful.

Also can you add going back to time? Example going from month December to November?

Other interesting features would be that other trainers have.

NumPad7: Super Speed

NumPad8: Slow Motion

What does NPC log actually does?

About modifying save file can you modify the in-game date to go back in time?

Can you modify time like going back in time? or be able to walk around Doubuita around 5 am ?

Also can you add going back to time? Example going from month December to November?

You can bypass bedtime in both games with MiscTools, as well as changing the speed of time. NPC log is an old debugging function which writes some info to "npc_log-XXXXXX_XXXX-XX-XX.txt" in your Shenmue directory, it shows when an NPC is being made visible:

Code:
CharID, SceneNumber, AreaId, EntryPoint
RYO_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
07C_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
07C_, HIDDEN, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
ZKN_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
ZKN_, HIDDEN, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
ZKN_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
07E_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
07E_, HIDDEN, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
07E_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
MM5_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
MM5_, HIDDEN, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87
MM5_, VISIBLE, 01, AR01, 01, 14:07:03, 23:02:87

We just re-enabled it, as it was off by default.

Reactions: Ren
You can bypass bedtime in both games with MiscTools, as well as changing the speed of time. NPC log is an old debugging function which writes some info to "npc_log-XXXXXX_XXXX-XX-XX.txt" in your Shenmue directory, it shows when an NPC is being made visible:

I was talking more about speed hack that you move very fast or slow motion. I wonder if Cheat engine speed hack works.
Didn't had much time since I mostly use linux now.

It's possible to go back in time?
As well would be great if there was video tutorial or using Misc tools.

I tried this on my latest playthrough during the hunt for Heartbeats but at around 1 AM, I stupidly talked to someone and Ryo asked. :(

I've seen some modded Dreamcast saves set way after the April deadline, I'm sure if it's possible on a console, it's definitely possible on a PC.

I've seen some modded Dreamcast saves set way after the April deadline, I'm sure if it's possible on a console, it's definitely possible on a PC.
Would like to go back in past as well!
and still see Iwao alive ! would be a great mod through..

At least play during a time before the game start, I wonder how would be like.

Of course CE's speedhack works, but what do you need it for? You can't really 'go backwards' in the way you're thinking of. You can set the date and time as much as you want.

Would like to go back in past as well!
and still see Iwao alive ! would be a great mod through..

At least play during a time before the game start, I wonder how would be like.

It wouldn't affect the game in this way, it literally just tells the game it's a different day. It doesn't affect anything that wasn't there when you started the game. Nothing is set to happen before and after the game starts and ends so nothing would be different. It would be awesome if we could do this and meet new characters but sadly, it's not possible.

It wouldn't affect the game in this way, it literally just tells the game it's a different day. It doesn't affect anything that wasn't there when you started the game. Nothing is set to happen before and after the game starts and ends so nothing would be different. It would be awesome if we could do this and meet new characters but sadly, it's not possible.
The Iwao been alive well that would had to be custom made mod through was not expecting it to be part of actual part of game. Like exchange Fukusan with Iwao model.
Shenmue has so many secrets so perhaps something we have not seen would show up. Like that secret scene that was discovered some months ago during the QTE with Goro.

The Iwao been alive well that would had to be custom made mod through was not expecting it to be part of actual part of game. Like exchange Fukusan with Iwao model.
Shenmue has so many secrets so perhaps something we have not seen would show up. Like that secret scene that was discovered some months ago during the QTE with Goro.

There's still things out there for sure.

Back