Is it possible to add the Honda branding from the Game Jam Beta to Joy's bike on Shenmue I & II (PC)?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
I recently checked out the Game Jam Beta of Shenmue II and noticed the Bike has the Honda branding. I wish we had this in the final game as I feel the branding in this game adds to the world building and gives the game a more realistic feel to it.

Is it possible to extract the texture from the Game Jam Beta and make it into a Forklift mod for Shenmue I & II on PC?
Or is this not possible due to the Game Jam Beta being the Dreamcast version and the PC release using the Xbox version?

I recently checked out the Game Jam Beta of Shenmue II and noticed the Bike has the Honda branding. I wish we had this in the final game as I feel the branding in this game adds to the world building and gives the game a more realistic feel to it.

Is it possible to extract the texture from the Game Jam Beta and make it into a Forklift mod for Shenmue I & II on PC?
Or is this not possible due to the Game Jam Beta being the Dreamcast version and the PC release using the Xbox version?
Yes of course! I can probably do this fairly quickly, too :)

I had a look at this and unfortunately it seems like the branding is done slightly differently than the final version. The wing on the Honda logo is a separate texture and the text "HONDA" is a separate texture. However, the branding on the final version of the bike uses just one texture and so, there'd need to be some changes here.

Here are the two textures from the GameJam release:
file_11_4.pngfile_12_5.png

tex_6f676f6c5f796fac is the name of the texture that will need to be replaced in the final version (PC):
tex_6f676f6c5f796fac.png

Since you requested it, I don't feel comfortable making the actual change myself (since I'm not really an artist), but regardless I threw something together quickly and come up with this:

file_12_5_badattempt.png

Which gives an end result like this:
1684306312636.png

Back