I'm calling it right now. (Shenmue IV's announce date.)

Release date or announce date? Two very different time frames.
1. I agree with the end of the anime being the best time to announce the 4th installment.
2. I don't see us getting to play the heavily teased sequel until at least late 2023... more than likely 2024.
-- That's assuming that YS and team have already started building onto the foundation created by the 3rd.

I think someone actually know S4 will release, seriously.
It does not make any sense that so many social media start to hype for S4.

I think it was originally stated that the success of Shenmue the Animation wasn't conditional on whether or not we get a Shenmue IV, but maybe sales of the games have gone up since then to make it possible. I'm hoping for such news but I feel the need to keep an open mind for now.

It'll be announced at the end of the last episode of the Shenmue anime. I know some people might've called it first, but they don't count.
I'm with you. I would be a bit disappointed if they didn't use this opportunity for a big announcement.

I do have little doubt that they aren't already working on the game though.

I get the feeling Yu wants to create more space for himself and his team to work on the game and not be rushed to a deadline. He reminds me a bit of George RR Martin, lol.

I think I get it guys ! Pieces came together.
Shenmue 4 will be announced... On April 29th, and NOT after episode 13.

Just think about it.
101 Industries's main event is TGS Tokyo, since they are specialized in producing japanese videogames. They announced all their projects in Tokyo up to now.

And :
- Their CEO is in Tokyo
- Esra Krabbe is in Tokyo and recently pinned his forecoming announcement of a secret project in 2022 he worked on for 2 years (so from the time Cedric said Yu was seeking for a production team, then everyone went silent after that). Esra's tweet comes with a shenmuesque drawing from a Shenmue fan & artist.
- 110 said they would announce a new project in the next few weeks, teasing the apple & banana.

Finally, as we knew but didn't link to Shenmue IV since it was animation related :
- Yokosuka city announced a Livestream event with Masaya Matsukaze, Yu Suzuki, Yu Kiyozono, Esra Krabbe (29 April, 2022 at 6pm JST).

View attachment 15215

Organizer could have been Sega, or Ysnet, or the Animation company, but no, once again comes this mysterious "Shenmue Project", which I am sure will be announced that night.

Yu Suzuki + Esra Krabbe's teasing + Sergei's teasing = your announcement date !

Last edited:
I think I get it guys ! Pieces came together.
Shenmue 4 will be announced... On April 29th, and NOT after episode 13.

Just think about it.
101 Industries's main event is TGS Tokyo, since they are specialized in producing japanese videogames. They announced all their projects in Tokyo up to now.

And :
- Their CEO is in Tokyo
- Esra Krabbe is in Tokyo and recently pinned his forecoming announcement of a secret project in 2022 he worked on for 2 years (so from the time Cedric said Yu was seeking for a production team, then everyone went silent after that). Esra's tweet comes with a shenmuesque drawing from a Shenmue fan & artist.
- 110 said they would announce a new project in the next few weeks, teasing the apple & banana.

Finally, as we knew but didn't link to Shenmue IV since it was animation related :
- Yokosuka city announced a Livestream event with Masaya Matsukaze, Yu Suzuki, Yu Kiyozono, Esra Krabbe (29 April, 2022 at 6pm JST).

View attachment 15215

Organizer could have been Sega, or Ysnet, or the Animation company, but no, once again comes this mysterious "Shenmue Project", which I am sure will be announced that night.

Yu Suzuki + Esra Krabbe's teasing + Sergei's teasing = your announcement date !
wow , everything is related then i hope you are right

Back