I can't believe its been 18 years

Greetings everyone,
I wanted to just say how impressed I am with the quality of the new site. It warma my heart that a little hobby of mine has evolved into this. I started Shenmue Dojo (originally Ryo's Place) when I was 14 years old. I barely knew how to code HTML and my graphic design skills were shoddy at best. However, I was enthralled with everything Shenmue. I originally put together the site as a fun hobby for my own interests. I soon realized that the joy I received from updating and maintaining the site came from meeting so many fans from across the globe. Its amazing how a common interest can unite complete strangers.

Its been 18 years (crazy!) since I started the site and life has taken so many turns. Life is unpredictable and amazing like that. I'm not the Shenmue fan that I once was. Honestly, I'm not even a gamer anymore. However, I am still a sucker for Shenmue III details and the music from Shenmue I still takes me back to a happy place. I'm not at all surprised that the site is still going strong. We all know that Shenmue is a special game and the community (even though I'm not a part of it anymore) is a special group.

I'm posting this now just to thank the current crew who is keeping the site going. The quality and design is something I could have never dreamed of. I'm definitely not here looking for any credit. I have not been involved in years. I'm just humbled and happy that the site is still bringing together a great group of international people.

Please keep up the great work. I know you will. After all, being a Shenmue fan requires a prerequisite of dedication and patience. :)

Great to see you here Andy! ? I think I speak on behalf of every member of the Dojo when I say thank you. Thank you for planting the seed that has grown to what it is today.

Well I never thought I'd see the day this happened.

Well that is awesome.

Great to hear from you again @AndyB. I tried contacting you on Facebook to chat about a few things, but it all worked out in the end.

Its great to get approval from yourself, as well as old staff like @Bambi and @csmakio. You will always be part of this community, whether you are here or not, and always get the credit you deserve for starting it all.

No way, the original Andy! This is awesome, really pleased to see you here :), it's surreal to think that what you originally created turned into this, still alive and kicking after 18 years! This website has been a massive part of my life since about 2002, so thank you to you Andy and thank you to Peter and the team for where we're at now :)

Wow!
Thank you to Andy, Hellraiser, Yama, and Peter, for creating and actually keeping this space alive for almost 20 years :)

Nice to see you again Andy, hope you're keeping well mate.

I remember the old website, don't be toooo hard on yourself ;)

Site is great man, as a relatively newcomer I'm really happy with it...

I have that pic on my PC of the dojo founders club with licking the Yoda. I don't know if it's appropriate to post it but will if a mod says it's ok. Thanks Andy. And hats off to the current staff with the amazing work on the new site.

Andy, you'll always be remembered for this great legacy you have created. Though your involvement is now limited, this will always be your baby.

Back