HEY GUYS I NEED HELP I GOT Questions!

question#1 how do I get files from What's Shenmue using wudecon I tried using --all and --allv with GUI file but it don't work.

Question#2 How do I replace indoors Ryo model so t shrit Ryo won't change into default Ryo.

Question#3 How do I export obj with textures or maybe with mdi to MT5, MT7 & CHRM

PLEASE RESPOND PLEASE.

Last edited:
question#1 how do I get files from what's Shenmue using wudecon I tried using --all with GUI file but it don't work.

Question#2 How do I replace indoors Ryo model so t shrit Ryo won't change into default Ryo.

Question#3 How do I export obj with textures or maybe with mdi to MT5 or MT7.

PLEASE RESPOND PLEASE.
Calling @LemonHaze

I did Screenshot 2023-01-31 083700.png
But It still didn't work it only work on Ryo with shoes, socks, and feet even with just a t-shirt, but when ever I walk indoors he changes back to default Ryo.

example 2.gifexample 3.gifexample 4.gifI think the indoors Ryo is YKB_M.CHRM I tried to replace that flie so when Ryo is indoors he'll still be wearing t-shrit with shoes.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 093918.pngActually any help is needed I think I did put all YK files in disc 1-3 also is it okay if you give me YKA_F MT5 and YKA_ftbl file from What's Shenmue?

Wait I made a form about all YK flies https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/all-right-i-know-almost-all-models.4810/

But what I'm saying is I already replace them and I think when Ryo was indoors that's the YKB_M.CHRM in the misc folder I even find his arms and hand in the misc folder, but YKB_M.CHRM is indoors Ryo you see I tried to replace all YK etc even the YKB_M.CHRM so in the nutshell YKB_M.mt5 is different than YKB_M.CHRM files.

So how can I export obj with textures to MT5,MT7, and CHRM using Wudecon?

Last edited:
So how can I export obj with textures to MT5,MT7, and CHRM using Wudecon?
Wudecon doesn't do that task, but all the way around (Shenmue to .obj).
MT7 convertion is for no-Dreamcast files (Xbox and PC).
So you rather do what LemonHaze suggests.
rename YKA to YKB etc, every occurrence of it.
Model swap its just renaming files compatible with each other.
Every occurence means at every scene. Everytime you find a ingame loading time (for a cutscene, new indoor/outdoor, minigame with Ryo, etc) the engine its gonna load a another set of assets 😳.
The current state of Shenmue modding scene is "Yeah I guess I'm moddable... come, come if you dare hehe come" and sometimes no offense I thank Kal-El for it. I'm a pantheist.

are You talking about this? View attachment 17667
Show me whats inside folder 01, so I can tell (long time since any messing with Shenmue data or Wudecon). You can edit the previous post.

Right now, I see a directory layout.
Try to tell us in few words what's confusing you. Also, do you like modding? You seem enthusiast.

Last edited:
Replying! Wait 😄 think about it as a now loading... I'm gonna edit this post so It will show the answer here.
What you show seems the model files, with the textures aside, that's your mod. Ryo bodyparts and skin.
Im supposing you already got the renaming clear to not repeating.
When your mod is ready, replace it every time there's a Ryo at the scene, rendered on screen and you want your mod to display.
Because, when you for example enter the Hazuki residence or enter cutscene, (it will depend) the game load another set of textures and 3d models, making your mod unrendered/unavaliable unless you replace that too.
It really is trial and error, hit and miss.

Are you perhaps more used to modding characters with just a set of textures, I mean no multiple occurences like this?

Last edited:
Ah yes, that's why I told you it was a long time. Md5 and textures. Everytime.
Grab your mod and replace every Ryo.
If you want it permantently.
Grab the .tac/tads and fire'em up.

Back