Help with modding + finding a specific shenmue build

Hello.
I see most of the focus nowadays is put on modding for the remasters, but if someone is still working on the dreamcast version, or used to work, i have two questions:

1 ---- Does someone have this "Shenmue exploration mod", made by Shengoro and shared in the old shenmue dojo forums (It may be helpful for a project i'm working on, and it is based on the shenmue 1 prototype with debug menu active, so sharing the build is probably within the rules.

2 ---- In case someone also have knowledge of converting gdi to cdi and vice-versa:
I need to:
1 - convert a gdi file into a cdi
2 - then extract said cdi (so i could extract it again and find out the lba value), modify some files and rebuild it (using the now known lba value)

i can do step 1 just fine, i extract the gdi, then i can use a selfboot tool or bootmake to create a cdi out of it. The problem happens when i try to extract it again. Usually, the cdi has an important value called lba that tends to be 11700 or 11702. But the cdis i can make have the lba with a value of 0 (zero) and so i get stuck and cannot advance, as using the value 0 as an lba is invalid and most tools will not recognize it.

Anyone has any idea what i may be doing wrong?

Sorry if this is confusing, and thank you in advance.

Hello. I made that explore disc (it uses mods by many people and not just my own) I left the modding community Years ago.

There's a github with all of our notes that you can use to recreate those discs using the beta that shendream (I believe) released years ago.
It's a ton of file swapping, humans index hacking, and hex editing.

If you rebuild shenmue the ip.bin has to use 11702 (atleast that's what I always used)

To build the custom cdi I used binhack32 and bootmake.

Last edited:
Back