Cyberman

Autobot
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Super Mario Party
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-3502-0387-6323
I have. It's probably the best video game based movie so far.

I haven't yet, but I did enjoy the first one for what it was (ie a cheesy, feel-good comedy).
Jim Carrey was definitely the star of the show. Awesome Robotnik lmao.

(The filmmakers also get a lot of points in my book for actually listening to fans and redesigning Sonic in the more traditional way.)

We got free tickets so we went. It was not bad. Probably the best video game movie. Jim Carrey was excellent.

Yes, I have. I needed a warm, not dense and popcorn friendly experience and that was what I got. It does an excellent job at bringin Sonic to new ages while keeping old fans like me fond of it. The level of commitment displayed by Jim Carrey towards Robotnik's role is remarkable. A cult villain for sure.
Best videogame movie ever? It could be... If you people feel it like that, its ok but to me that's a bit of a stretch.
But highly recommendable and pleasant to watch? Absolutely. I wish we get 3rd.. Oh no this again.

First 20 minutes I didn't get with. But my god, the last 30. When he did the thing. Genuinely had goosebumps and 100% the most excited/oldest person in the cinema

Pretty cringey at parts but what helps me accept it is that it's aimed towards children. But wow Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails really work. Sonic 2 is a blast.

I really liked it for what it is and it's a bit better than the original, too. What really makes it work for me are the characters and casting. My main complaint about the first movie is that it felt like nothing really happened.

I also liked this scene that took me back to my teen years!

I have not seen the movie yet but the trailer looks quite funny. Jim Carrey as Dr. Robnotik also looked quite convincing as we he was shown in the trailer. I might watch Sonic 1 eventually. I might even watch Sonic 2 in the movie theatre when it is out.

Yes. I enjoyed both. I've been looking forward to the following even more.

Back