Google Closing down Stadia Games and Entertainment

Way too early to have a 1st party studio for the platform. You invest little money you make crap games. You invest big money, no one buys it because they don't use Stadia. I think they'll eventually bin the whole thing. It's where gaming (and computing in general) may be moving but they are way too early to the party.

I got Stadia for free a few months back. It really isn't that bad, but the limited number of games and the fact they're all multiplatform titles anyway means it'll be an uphill struggle to get any cunt to make the switch from their usual console of choice.

Shame really, coz as far as performance and responsiveness it was spot on, which surprised the fuck outta me.

Are the games cheaper than on major consoles? Because if they're not, there's not really a target demographic there since they don't have exclusive games.

Also internet connection sucks in a lot of places so not sure if it runs smoothly for everyone.

Stadia Discontinued

And boom, here we go. Stadia is officially finished. While I always welcome more competition, I feel that Google never really understood the gaming market. While internet speed is the most obvious problem as a lot of people don't have such stable and fast internet connection, Google's pricing was confusing and overpriced.

So, that's it for Stadia. An understandable decision to pull out of this market, IMHO.

Stadia Discontinued

And boom, here we go. Stadia is officially finished. While I always welcome more competition, I feel that Google never really understood the gaming market. While internet speed is the most obvious problem as a lot of people don't have such stable and fast internet connection, Google's pricing was confusing and overpriced.

So, that's it for Stadia. An understandable decision to pull out of this market, IMHO.
I don't think internet speed is the most obvious problem with something like this. You don't need a fast connection to get this to run well, distance between you and the server is more important. My internet speed is 70mbps down, more than enough to handle something like cloud gaming, but I have found that none of the ones I have tried (Xbox Cloud Gaming, PS Now and Geforce Now) are anywhere near a good enough experience to even consider as an option, and it's all to do with lag caused by distances between servers.

Geforce Now was by far the best of the lot when I used it, and Xbox Cloud is by far the worst. Xbox Cloud is unplayable for me, the picture quality is awful and the input lag is unbearable, there is half a second delay.

Back