General Virtua Fighter Talk

VF returned in some way with VF V Ultimate Showdown and now i wonder if VF VI will happen someday, i hope so, i love VF.

Yakuza pack is nice but i hope for Shenmue pack next, i hope that this will happen.

If a Shenmue costume pack did materialise, what character outfits would you like to see? I've spent some time thinking about what would best fit each character...(may even attempt to do some fanart of these!)

Akira = Ryo (obviously)
Pai = Xiuying
Lau = Lan Di
Wolf = Greg More
Jeffry = Rod Stunt
Kage = He'd maybe look good wearing Gui Zhang's suit? :p I toyed with the idea of Lei Fei having a Gui Zhang costume until I thought of a better fit...
Sarah = Chunyan
Jacky = I must admit I'm struggling to think of a good fit here. I considered Ren, mostly as a reference to both characters having been voiced by Eric Kelso, but I realised Brad's stance/general cockiness is a better fit for Ren. Maybe Riff Tamblyn from S3, they seem to have a similar taste in jackets? :p EDIT: Ooh! Maybe Goro could work, actually!
Shun = Sun Jiusi
Lion = Chai
Aoi = Either Nozomi or Izumi
Taka = Dou Niu
Lei-Fei = Bei Xianzi
Vanessa = Joy
Brad = Ren
Goh = I think he'd look pretty good wearing a Chi You Men black suit and sunglasses - not strictly one character I know, but it'd look cool!
Eileen = Shenhua
El Blaze = Baihu - yes I realise their fighting styles and character are totally different, but Baihu's outfit is sort of Lucha Libre-esque, and I think it'd look good on El Blaze.
Jean = Terry

Anyone else have ideas?

Last edited:

Since we released [Ultimate Showdown], it's showed us that the potential for a future title is definitely there," said Aoki as translated by our own Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor. "On top of that, will we do it, and if we do it, what kind of game will it end up being are both important things to consider."

This was the first Virtua Fighter game I got into and I still play an occasional game here and there.

If there’s a full blown sequel I will be there day one.

This was the first Virtua Fighter game I got into and I still play an occasional game here and there.

If there’s a full blown sequel I will be there day one.
Yep. Me too. I hit a bit of a wall, but I'm totally down for a new one.

I would love to see another Virtua Fighter game. I really love the series although I was introduced to it quite late. The first VF game I played was VF 3 which I got with the Dreamcast but I instantly liked it. It took almost twenty years after the DC until I got to play VF 1 Remix and VF 2 on the Saturn and I also liked these games.

VF 5 ulitmate Showdown is also a great game.

Does anyone know how Ultimate Showdown did sales wise? I haven't seen anything posted about it. I hope it did very well and we get a 6 within the next 5 years or so.

I think they only said that the general playerbase and people who were actually interested
in bying the main game + DLCs exceeded their expectations
and not just by a little bit.
There are some hints that it was actually downloaded over 8 million times
in just a month when it was free. And thats a lot for a old fighting game.
So at the very least it probably showed Sega that there is still interest in the IP.
The team only had about one year and three months to get this version out and this whole thing was a test
if they should revive Virtua Fighter.
So in terms of how successful was this 'does even somebody want to play this?' test,
it seems like it was very very very successful.
Its now Segas turn to do something with these results.

I had a couple of rounds playing @Hiki.

Certainly frustrated. I will figure out this Pai character eventually and how to deal with her.

Good matches.

Aoi is I feel extremely underrated. Over the many years I've come to appreciate her fighting abilities and have enjoyed using her as a 4th or 5th option. Her reverseals are truly spectacular.

I still play a few round here and there. Sadly matchmaking can be tricky to find a consistent game and now I have people Hunter level players who seem to be actively avoiding to play me.

I still play a few round here and there. Sadly matchmaking can be tricky to find a consistent game and now I have people Hunter level players who seem to be actively avoiding to play me.
I haven't gone back to it in a while, but I feared that might happen. That it might become relegated to the hardcore VF players once again alienating any newcomers.

I really wish the netcode was better in the game. It's the one thing that drove me away.

Also I wish it wasn't stuck on PlayStation...I wish there was a PC port for it.

But to be fair, I haven't been playing much in the way of fighting games online lately. Tekken 7 kind of broke me once I started getting higher in the ranks. Movement in that game really kills me. So I kind of took a sabbatical from all things fighting games.

This new DLC is interesting, i like TEKKEN and i'm looking forward to see this new DLC but it is sad that no love for Shenmue in relation to that yet, the Shenmue series is the series that have the most connections with VF, so i hope we can see Shenmue × Virtua Fighter DLC one day.

I have a question about VF, Yu Suzuki didn't worked in the first VF V version? i searched for more informations about this, in all VF V versions i don't see the name of Yu Suzuki in the credits, and i didn't found informations that Yu Suzuki worked in the game.

I always thought Yu Suzuki worked in VF V for PS3 but i saw that the director of VF V is Yoshihiro Tsuzuku, Yu Suzuki worked in VF V or not? i have this doubt about the game.

1650977489836.png

Back