General RGG Discussion

Kson is great and a legitimately huge Yakuza fan with a genuine love for the series, not just a trend-chaser.

>>> Gematsu article <<<

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 9, according to listings on PlayStation Store price tracking website PSDeals.

Erase Your Past to Protect Your Future

Once a legendary yakuza, Kazuma Kiryu faked his own death and abandoned his name for the sake of protecting his family. Now, he is thrust into conflict by a mysterious figure attempting to drive him out of hiding.

Under the codename “Joryu,” Kiryu embarks on a gripping action narrative with bone-shattering combat in vibrant locations filled with exciting characters and activities.

Ultimate Combat with Two High-Impact Fighting Styles

Dynamically switch between the Yakuza and Agent fighting styles in visceral melee combat.

With the Yakuza style, strike fear into enemies by unleashing wildly aggressive moves powered by Kiryu’s unparalleled strength and flair.

Or up the ante with the Agent style by delivering blows with absolute speed and precision, while using an array of high-tech gadgets like electrified bind wires to stun enemies then send them flying.

Strategically adapt to the situation and leverage both styles to dominate and destroy hordes of enemies.

Endless Entertainment

Whether you’re brawling in the secret Castle arena, singing a new karaoke song, enjoying a drink at the live-action cabaret club, or racing in the pocket circuit, the world offers a variety of immersive experiences.

An intriguing informant named Akame also provides thrilling sub-missions, drawing you into an epic showdown that unfolds the more you explore and enjoy Sotenbori, Yokohama and the mysterious Castle.

Like-a-Dragon-Gaiden-The-Man-Who-Erased-His-Name_2023_06-08-23_001.jpg

Like-a-Dragon-Gaiden-The-Man-Who-Erased-His-Name_2023_06-08-23_005.jpg

Like-a-Dragon-Gaiden-The-Man-Who-Erased-His-Name_2023_06-08-23_004.jpg

Awesomesauce <3

But why Sotenbori? I get Yokohama (due to the direction of the series), but rehash a different locale!

Still, looks awesome :D

I hope RGG Studio is gonna move to next gen only releases soon.
You can tell that the overall quality of NPCs, world texture quality, shadows and stuff like that
is still on the same level as PS4 Yakuza 6 / Kiwami 2.

They could do much more than a simple fps / resolution boost on PS5 / Series X
and a modern PC would benefit from it too.

Its not horrible or bad or whatever but it could look so much better in 2023.
Its time for a quality upgrade within their engine.

Last edited:
It's a pedantic question, but does it say anywhere if the JP release will have English subtitles?

'cause if so, I don't like the Westerns Esthetic: it doesn't jive with the rest of the games on my shelf (as I have all the JP releases from 5-Lost Judgement).

It's a pedantic question, but does it say anywhere if the JP release will have English subtitles?

'cause if so, I don't like the Westerns Esthetic: it doesn't jive with the rest of the games on my shelf (as I have all the JP releases from 5-Lost Judgement).

I cant find any information at the moment. On Amazon Japan and import stores like Yesasia,
it only says Japanese version - Language japanese
and nothing else. So i dont know if the other language options arent in there at all
or if they just dont list them for whatever reason.

The japanese version of the Ishin remake has multi language support,
the japanese versions of Yakuza 7 and Lost Judgment only have japanese language support.

It seems like Like A Dragon Gaiden might be digital only in the american region?
Retailers of the ESRB region version said that this game will be digital only
BUT
you can pre order physical versions in EU and Japan.
Dont know whats up with that. This is no official confirmation, just something that popped up.
Sega hasnt said anything

Last edited:
If true it's the second 'big' release in quick succession after Alan Wake 2 to receive a digital only release.
I suspect this might become a trend earlier than we thought and I'm not a fan of this development at all.

Some spanish, italian and austrian shops have physical versions for preorder.

... maybe its because Plaion / Koch Media is the physical distributor for Sega in EU,
so they are doing their own thing and agreed to do a physical release
but Sega US said no release for america? Hhhhmmmmm

How are they going to translate this scenario in the english VA version?
Like ... in the english version Ichiban speaks english like everyone else in this setting ...
so how are they going to avoid the problem that Ichiban shouldnt understand anything,
when he clearly speaks english?

Back