General RGG Discussion

I only played the first hour of Judgment so far but am liking it.

With the announcement of the DLC road map for the new game and just starting the first game, I'll wait for a complete edition in a year or so if I continue to enjoy my time in the first.

I'm going to buy Lost Judgment day one but only the normal vanilla version.
I'm pretty sure there is going to be enough content in there
and also while this new skateboard and motorbike and dance stuff etc sounds cool,
i dont know if the gameplay is fun. I never played it. So i'm going to play the normal version
and if i'm still enjoying this content after 50, 60, 70 hours in the base game, then i will buy the DLC.

I'm not really a trophy or platinum hunter and i dont want to grind minigames.
So it is possible that i would never finish the additional DLC content
because the base vanilla version has already too much of it.
So theres no reason for me to wait for a Ultimate DC GOTY Edition.

yakuznew.png

During the roundtable interview, Hosokawa-san talks about the studio’s future, and how it hopes to continue with worldwide launches for future titles while possible exploring games in the Yakuza series that leave Japan behind, taking characters to new countries with new locations to explore, battles to fight, and mysteries to uncover. Much like Tales of Arise, Japan is now looking towards the wider world with a solid understanding of why its games are so appealing.

https://www.thegamer.com/lost-judgment-kazuki-hosokawa-interview/

I mean ... mhhh ... maybe? Like Hongkong, Taiwan, South Korea or like japanese countryside settings etc ok.
Ichiban visits Los Angeles or New York - eh, no thanks.
The thing that got me interested in the series in the first place,
was because the setting was not the US or the EU.
I dont need game number #489.385 taking place in New York or London etc. Please no.

Last edited:
View attachment 12713

During the roundtable interview, Hosokawa-san talks about the studio’s future, and how it hopes to continue with worldwide launches for future titles while possible exploring games in the Yakuza series that leave Japan behind, taking characters to new countries with new locations to explore, battles to fight, and mysteries to uncover. Much like Tales of Arise, Japan is now looking towards the wider world with a solid understanding of why its games are so appealing.

I mean ... mhhh ... maybe? Like Taiwan, South Korea or like japanese countryside settings etc ok.
I dont need game number #489.385 taking place in New York or London etc. Please no.
My first thought is "please god no" because I'm thinking of the US. Somewhere in China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/South Korea/etc would be cool, but I just worry they might use that as a launching pad to justify games taking place in the west longer term. I can already imagine the "Who cares if this game takes place in Los Angeles? Yakuza has already had plenty of games outside of Japan already lol" arguments online and it's triggering me

I really hope this isnt some kind of 'Oh i'm smelling the money from overseas boys, its time,
lets do it RGG' move by Sega. I can already see these Yakuza 7 comedy hype trailers
but this time its Ichiban giving a thumbs up in front of the statue of liberty
or Ichiban and the crew with a surprised face in close up and then camera change ->
they are in Las Vegas, omg!

Please dont, please no, just no, stop it.

You can already pre-load Lost Judgment on Xbox. It's around 49.5GB.
Also, if anyone is concerned about the price because of the DLC, on Xbox you can always use any region gift cards and buy it for cheap, you can get the Deluxe for like ~$50 and Ultimate for ~$60 and also play the game early on 21st.
Actually, because you can also change the region on Xbox freely then I can even play this game on 20.09 so that's cool.

View attachment 12713

I mean ... mhhh ... maybe? Like Hongkong, Taiwan, South Korea or like Japanese countryside settings, etc ok.
I don't need game number #489.385 taking place in New York or London etc. Please no.
While I agree with your statement as we have franchises like Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Assassins Creed, Far Cry, LA Noire, Call of Duty, Siphon Filter, any Tom Clancy title, etc, I would be fine if a Ryu Ga Gotoku title took place in Hawaii. After all, the real-life Yakuza do have a base of operations for their illegal activities there so it would make sense. But anything further than that, I am in complete agreement with you.

Last edited:
Is the game not available to pre order on PSN?

I have a physical copy ordered at my local EB but lock down is going here in Australia, part of me was thinking just to buy it digitally on PSN. But I noticed there is no pre order available on the PSN right now?

are they not doing pre orders on PSN for it?

Last edited:
Is the game not available to pre-order on PSN?

I have a physical copy ordered at my lockdown is going here in Australia, part of me was thinking just to buy it digitally on PSN. But I noticed there is no pre-order available on the PSN right now?

are they not doing pre-orders on PSN for it?
I managed to pre-order the game here in the states.

I managed to pre-order the game here in the states.
Weird...on the Australian PSN Page for it, it just has "recently announced" but no Pre Order tab.

Unless they aren't doing pre-orders for it on the Australian PSN?

I rang my local EB and they guaranteed that even if the store isn't open due to lockdown that they will still do Pay and Collect. Which to me might as well just say "well, open the store then!"

Lockdowns be weird!

I can pre order the PS4 and PS5 version in the german PSN store. I think it was already possible for a long time?
But i always buy physical editions.

Weird...on the Australian PSN Page for it, it just has "recently announced" but no Pre Order tab.

Unless they aren't doing pre-orders for it on the Australian PSN?

I rang my local EB and they guaranteed that even if the store isn't open due to lockdown that they will still do Pay and Collect. Which to me might as well just say "well, open the store then!"

Lockdowns be weird!
I dont know how it works over there but i read that Lost Judgment received a R18 rating in Australia,
maybe there is no pre order for R18 games or something like that?

I dont know how it works over there but i read that Lost Judgment received a R18 rating in Australia,
maybe there is no pre order for R18 games or something like that?

Really? It got an R Rating over here? I've been on total media black out for it and didn't realise it got an R Rating over here.

Still, that doesn't make sense...I mean Yakuza 7 also go an R rating last year and I pre-ordered that from the PSN last year before release...Intriguing.

Really? It got an R Rating over here? I've been on total media black out for it and didn't realise it got an R Rating over here.

Still, that doesn't make sense...I mean Yakuza 7 also go an R rating last year and I pre-ordered that from the PSN last year before release...Intriguing.
Thats what i read, that they had to raise the age rating from 15+ (Judgment) to R18.
But i dont know if that has any consequences for online stores or whatever.
But if its available in NA, Canada, EU for pre ordering then there is probably a reason
why its not available in Australia

They released a demo for Lost Judgment in the japanese PSN store (PS4 / PS5)
And it seems like even the demo comes with english text and voices (as option)
even tho its the demo version for Japan.

Interesting note, it says that hard mode makes the investigation scenes more diffcult too.

Last edited:
I will say that after playing about 3 hours of Judgment that I get a Shenmue feel but with more action. A lot more action. I guess it helps that the main character seems to be fully trained up. lol.

I will say that after playing about 3 hours of Judgment that I get a Shenmue feel but with more action. A lot more action. I guess it helps that the main character seems to be fully trained up. lol.
Judgment is more apt to be the "Spiritual Successor to Shenmue" than Yakuza is. I like all 3 franchises. But the investigation segments in Judgment definitely gives me stronger Shenmue vibes than Yakuza ever did.

Lost Judgment Famitsu score
Lost Judgment (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One) – 9/10/9/10 [38/40]
Judgment received a 37/40

Well, i guess theres no need to worry, it will have the same qualities as part 1.

Back