Gaming Storage?

Telekill

Sega Game Gear Enthusiast
Currently playing
FF7 Rebirth (PS5), Helldivers 2 (PS5), God of War: R (PS5)
Hey all!

I was curious on how all of you store your videogames.

As an example, my Game Gear that I've had since I was 10 will probably be buried with me. I created a custom case for it that can be seen in the Retro Collection thread. My Genesis is in a plastic tote with all its games and accessories. That's it for classic cartridge gaming for my collection. When it comes to discs, it's a different beast and I have a great space saving technique that I've used over the years.

Not sure if you guys have heard of these but it's a Disc Gear holder. I purchased many of the brown and black ones for DVD movies (brown) and my PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4 and Wii games (black).

DiscGear-Selector-120HD-Brown-Faux-Leather-Storage-Holder.jpgIMG_2007.JPGmaxresdefault.jpg

The great part is that the disc is kept in a dust free environment. The slider goes to whatever number the disc is at and grabs the disc for you; raising when opened with the lid. There's also a button that releases a slide out list of what is in each numbered position. These each came with software for your computer to print off what is where. Lastly, the box art is kept nice as well in the booklet that it comes with.

The only exception to these are my Uncharted games and soon to be Shenmue games. Those will stay in their original boxes on the shelf to be seen by any who look. The Uncharted games are all steelbooks which makes it easier to keep. Shenmue won't be in a steelbook but it will get preferential treatment; staying in its case and ensuring that the install and save files are never deleted.

What about you guys?

I have my games on shelf, but I also have every individual case in a sleeve - My theory is that if it's going to spend the majority of its time on the shelf ratehr than in play may as well protect it while it does - Here's a shot just showeing the sleeves:
2018jangames.JPG

I also have a fair lot of games I don't use but want to keep - Mostly games which I have Re-releases that are from PS2 to PS3/PS4 and HD Remastered, I keep them all in a standard plastic storage tub out the back:
dup-02.jpg

Back