Forklift, a mod loader for Shenmue 1/2 HD

SpecialK rarely works anyways and is also really bad because it doesn’t replace the files the textures themselves with the proper names, it just intercepts DirectX calls and gives each texture a hash for its file name. With Forklift etc it uses the original names and paths and it actually works.

Are you sure there’s not a Forklift version of the mod(s)?
The mods I was looking for are most of the one listed for shenmue 2 in the "Shenmue I & II Mod Database" thread here.
(HD Environmental Texture Overhaul, Ryo HD Jacket, HD Jeans, HD Xiuying Hong)
There don't seem to be any Forklift versions, the maker only talk about a Special K installation on nexus.

Last edited:
IIRC there are converted mods for Forklift for most of those, especially the HD texture mod.
I didn't find any conversion of these mods here or nexus, the only things I found about conversion are your tools "wudecon" and "d3t's SDTextureOverride" but I just wanted to play and not start modding.

I didn't find any conversion of these mods here or nexus, the only things I found about conversion are your tools "wudecon" and "d3t's SDTextureOverride" but I just wanted to play and not start modding.
Hmm, I remember making a converted version of the HD Jacket and HD environment SpecialK mods.

I have this version in one of my old folders if you want to try it. Works fine from what I can tell from a quick test.

Extract this into Shenmue I and II\sm2\archives\dx11\data.

Note this does not even require Forklift to work :)

Attachments

• hd_jacket_and_environ_mod.7z
    9.5 MB · Views: 30
Hmm, I remember making a converted version of the HD Jacket and HD environment SpecialK mods.

I have this version in one of my old folders if you want to try it. Works fine from what I can tell from a quick test.

The environmental one was the most important to me, thank you very much for your share.

Thanks so much! Always wanted to have these mods in shenmue 2!!

Hello! I've updated the main thread with a version of Forklift (v1.0.6b) that no longer sends data to the server. This should get rid of that pesky "version out of date" message, if you get that.

Well, it seems like this thing doesn't wanna register the fact that I have the forklift.dll file in both the SM1 directory and the SM2 directory, and just straight up says "Unable to load Forklift.dll". I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, could someone assist me?

Well, it seems like this thing doesn't wanna register the fact that I have the forklift.dll file in both the SM1 directory and the SM2 directory, and just straight up says "Unable to load Forklift.dll". I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, could someone assist me?
Same thing here.
it says unable to load forklift.dll

This may all be due to some form of missing dependency (not necessarily through the fault of your own) or anti-virus software. Either way, I've essentially taken over the Forklift repository now, I've cleaned it up and will plan to release once all versions have been fully tested.

The last version of Forklift will have a GUI that you will be able to use in-game, turning it or individual mods on/off:-

1658219402870.png

I will post back here with a new release.

This may all be due to some form of missing dependency (not necessarily through the fault of your own) or anti-virus software. Either way, I've essentially taken over the Forklift repository now, I've cleaned it up and will plan to release once all versions have been fully tested.

The last version of Forklift will have a GUI that you will be able to use in-game, turning it or individual mods on/off:-

View attachment 16729

I will post back here with a new release.
Just a quick update, I compiled a version of Forklift with the new changes which seems to fix the issues. We're tracking the issue here https://github.com/Raymonf/Forklift/issues/3, but it looks like I'll have a new release out either by the end of the night or early tomorrow morning.

I haven't been able to load the forklift mod loader, even though I extracted all of the necessary files into their places and installed the C++ package. It just displays a small box before launch saying "Forklift unable to load". Is there any advice you could give to help me?

I haven't been able to load the forklift mod loader, even though I extracted all of the necessary files into their places and installed the C++ package. It just displays a small box before launch saying "Forklift unable to load". Is there any advice you could give to help me?

Can you please try with these?

Attachments

• rel.7z
    313.9 KB · Views: 4
Could you explain what the file you attached to your response is exactly? I'm asking because I don't my computer to be compromised over a mod for Shenmue.

Could you explain what the file you attached to your response is exactly? I'm asking because I don't my computer to be compromised over a mod for Shenmue.

With all due respect, I'm not in the business of spreading malicious code and nobody has ever received such things from me. Also, given that most of the mods on this forum, GitHub and elsewhere were either directly or indirectly created by me, I don't think I have an untrustworthy reputation :)

The file attached is a 7Z archive which contains the latest build of Forklift, which I recently authored (as can be seen at http://github.com/Raymonf/Forklift). It includes some fixes which were missed off and will more than likely work since it has been compiled with the latest libraries and dependencies.

The only reason this isn't live on the GitHub repo as a release right now is because we're very busy.

Alright, thanks for the response, but now its saying that this version I'm using is out of date. You don't have to respond to this right away though if you are busy. Take your time, and I'll still be here.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for the response, but now its saying that this version I'm using is out of date. You don't have to respond to this right away though if you are busy. Take your time, and I'll still be here.
That's fine, if you follow the prompt, pressing 'Cancel' will ignore the out of date warning.

The out of date warning can freely be bypassed this way.

Back