Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Resident Evil 2
PSN
LordLudichris
XBL
NinjaLudovic
Shenmue II at least from my point of view did have a more intense cliff hanger than Shenmue I. I've heard that S3 also has a cliff hanger but in the meantime I've just done my best to avoid any spoilers of it at all costs.

I first played I&II on Xbox One around August 2021 and greatly enjoyed it more than expected, I liked it so much that I bought the PAL Dreamcast versions. I was pretty disappointed to finish S2 and have no way to play S3, and wasn't too eager to invest in a PS4 or well-powered PC.
I would have loved an Xbox port of S3 despite how unrealistic it is, but thankfully my friend who has a PS5 now will be letting me have his old PS4 so it looks like I'll be playing that version, and I probably will be getting the DLCs as well.
I don't watch anime apart from very few shows, but the Shenmue animation does look pretty promising. If I recall correctly I don't think the first season actually covers S3 but I have still been waiting to play S3 before I watch it anyway.

I'm also aware that the fans have been pretty divided over whether Shenmue III was good or not but since I'm younger I expect to enjoy it similarly to how the Star Wars prequels are more popular with younger fans. But even if I am disappointed then I still would want to advance the story anyway as Yu Suzuki intends it.

Back